Fall 2014 AuD Program Admissions Advice!! :)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AuDFanatic

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
-

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
First off, you are applying to Fall 2015 cycle not the Fall 2014 cycle. You might want to know what year you are applying. Second, you didn't say what your undergrad school is. There is a big difference between having a 4.0 at UNC and a 4.0 at Southwest Minnesota Tech. Have you bothered to do any research from ASHA on the programs GPA/GRE admissions stats? You seem like just another overachiever looking for people to pat them on the back. My opinion, go to a smaller less prestigious school where the professors will fawn over you like you obviously desire rather than a top-tier school with others who have amazing stats but don't feel the need to boast about it on a message board as if they aren't sure they will get in.

Wow! Please do not listen to GingerCat99. This person is obviously extremely bitter and jealous if they have to be nasty to random people on online forums. Keep on doing what you're doing and it will pay off!

Members don't see this ad :)
Ginger, you really came down hard on "fanatic". For really no reason from what i gather. Fanatic seems like a decent soul. Intersted in things you are also, such as audiology. That make me conclude you are a super dooshbag with few, if any, friends. I suspect you didnt get in to your first 3 choices. And if you did, im certain they are sorry. Aside from all the jovial things i am saying, you may be very smart, but i bet my last 3 dollars you are miserable to the core. Fanatic, go where you get in, have friends, be happy, and do great. Ginger cat. Worry about your life. Not others.

Actually, I got into my top choice with funding, so no bitterness here. I just find it irritating when a person with a 4.0 and loads of research and volunteer experiences comes on the boards to ask if they are good enough. Those are the people who I imagine are miserable to be around; someone needing constant reassurance is really draining. Some of it is a female thing I suppose, always looking for acceptance. Maybe I did come down a little harsh on her, but that doesn't remove the fact the poor girl could use a few sessions of therapy of learn to love herself and not seek love from random strangers on the internet.

Probably not a great idea to start referring to traits that you consider negative as "female things." Hope you realize that you are going to be surrounded by women in your school and professional life, as long as you are in the communication disorders field. Start working on your "growing up" skills before August.