Fall courses on AMCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

titoincali

SDN Angel
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been verified for over a week but it recently came to my attention that other people have put their fall courses on AMCAS. I didn't even think to do that that considering I hadn't registered yet when I submitted and I was focused on making sure what I typed was exactly what my transcripts had. I want schools to know that I will be continuing my courses through the application year. I'm in an informal post-bacc program and work full-time so it might not completely obvious, well, except for the fact that I still have to take Orgo lab and calc.

Does anybody think I should do an "academic change" on AMCAS or does this not even matter? I've already received one secondary so I don't want to mess anything up.

Thanks for your input!

Members don't see this ad.

titoincali said:
Does anybody think I should do an "academic change" on AMCAS or does this not even matter? I've already received one secondary so I don't want to mess anything up.

No, it won't work. It specifically says in the directions that they are not going to make any changes to future coursework.

titoincali said:
I've been verified for over a week but it recently came to my attention that other people have put their fall courses on AMCAS. I didn't even think to do that that considering I hadn't registered yet when I submitted and I was focused on making sure what I typed was exactly what my transcripts had. I want schools to know that I will be continuing my courses through the application year. I'm in an informal post-bacc program and work full-time so it might not completely obvious, well, except for the fact that I still have to take Orgo lab and calc.

Thanks for your input!

im in a similar situatiuon adn i am unsure what to do....i want to submit my amcas tomorrow. I just got into a post bac but i am still waiting on the one i really want. Do you think I should put the one i got into with all the classes i will be taking and if i get into the other ones change it one my secondaries or is it better not to put anything on my amcas and just wait till secondaries... someone help!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
hardy said:
No, it won't work. It specifically says in the directions that they are not going to make any changes to future coursework.

Oh well. I guess I screwed myself over. :thumbdown:

titoincali said:
Oh well. I guess I screwed myself over. :thumbdown:

You could still try though. It won't hurt ;)

hardy said:
You could still try though. It won't hurt ;)

I'm calling my friend tonight who was an admissions counselor at Stanford Med for several years and asking her what she thinks. If it's really important then I'll worry about it then. Otherwise, no use stressing myself out about it.

titoincali said:

Thanks for your input!

I hope you get in somewhere. I was just reading your profile cuz I'm nosy and you had it linked to your sig, and................................
you definitely have one of the most unique profiles I've ever read with that stuff about being a pianist and an accomplished musician on top of comprehensive clinical skills and work. That will make for some interesting interview conversation when you get the more tell me about yourself type of interviews.

By the way I play the piano too, although I doubt I'm even a quarter as accomplished of a musician as you seem to be from your ECs in your profile. just wanted to say that. Oh and don't stress too much about the future grades thing. If you really don't know what to do about that matter, try emailing AMCAS and seeing what they suggest or emailing an admissions director at one or all of the med schools you applied to and find out what they think about the matter.

I'm pretty you'll be fine though.

titoincali said:
I'm calling my friend tonight who was an admissions counselor at Stanford Med for several years and asking her what she thinks. If it's really important then I'll worry about it then. Otherwise, no use stressing myself out about it.

Tito,

Any word yet from your friend?