FAP "non-taxable income"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bloHaZaRd

Unbanned
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all :)
A few questions about the FAP.
I got financial aid for 2003. I'm supposed to include that as non-taxable income in the FAP. The instruction says that I need to include the amount of fin aid I received, excluding the cost of tuition and books. I know the exact amount of tuition deducted, and made an estimation on the book costs.
Now my actual question:
I took TPR MCAT prep course for $1400, and paid $180 for the MCAT. Do I subtract that amount from the non-taxable income or only university related stuff count as tuition/books?

Thanks

Also, if they ask for the award letters, can I fax them my copies instead of calling the fin aid dept at my college? I have the same exact copies that they have.

Members don't see this ad.

bloHaZaRd said:
Hi all :)

Also, if they ask for the award letters, can I fax them my copies instead of calling the fin aid dept at my college? I have the same exact copies with me.

I think they do ask for award letters. I had to include mine along with income tax returns. Just send them a copy of the award letter that you have, that's what I did.

You can't deduct the MCAT calss or test fromt he amount. Sorry. But be glad the Gederal Stafford interest rate is going down 0.05% to a new all time low of 2.77%.