FAP question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dcr108

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I put in mine and my parent's financial information last week, but I was estimating my financial aid and my parents told me the wrong numbers for their AGI and untaxed income. I just received their 1040 in the mail, and the numbers are only off by a couple thousand dollars, and it's still eligible for the aid. However, I'm worried that since the information I submitted won't exactly match the information on the forms, that I won't be given the financial aid.
I would think that if the exact information was on the forms that I send, it shouldn't matter much as long as I'm still eligible, but I don't want to mess anything else up. Does anyone have any experience or input in this situation?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not sure if this answers your initial question, but you can easily submit corrections to your FAFSA at FAFSA.gov with the correct information, if this is the financial aid information you're talking about. If you're talking about school-specific fin aid applications, I'm sure their financial aid office would be happy to answer your questions. Hope this helps!

I'm talking about the Fee Assistance Program through the AAMC, thanks though!

Members don't see this ad :)
I thought you had to submit a copy of their tax forms... I did at least. Anyways, email them about the discrepancy explaining what happened. It should be no problem... Maybe the process will be delayed

I thought you had to submit a copy of their tax forms... I did at least. Anyways, email them about the discrepancy explaining what happened. It should be no problem... Maybe the process will be delayed
You do, I just reported the information before getting the tax forms from my parents and the values were off by a few thousand, but everything should still be in the range of eligibility. I'll contact them during the week, thanks!

You do, I just reported the information before getting the tax forms from my parents and the values were off by a few thousand, but everything should still be in the range of eligibility. I'll contact them during the week, thanks!
fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap:rofl: