Favorite Quotes of Veterinary School Professors

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
:sendoff:

juxtaglomerular-cells-i9.JPG

Dem granules.

That is a pink and purple blob... I will call it Jellyfish! :p

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Bacteriology prof after grading the short answer portion of our first exam: "What your class lacks in knowledge, you definitely make up for in creativity."

Reactions: 5 users
One of our equine clinicians was speaking about Equine Herpes Myeloencephalitis and how they counsel people going to shows to not share food / water buckets etc.. and then said...

"At the end of the show when everyone is walking through the barn asking to pet the horses - dont be afraid to say No, you cant pet my horse.... Actually - Go Away Fomite!!!"

You'd be surprised how often profs can't adult properly.

This is what happens when two pathologists get too excited about Heinlein's "All You Zombies-" over Facebook messenger, and one of them starts running out of English and just....goes there?

3oxd12_zps5yq67ssl.jpg

The lungs get every bit of the CO from the RV (which is all of the blood from the heart). Plus, they get a little bit from the LV. They get over 100% of CO. What is this?? Politics?! No, it's Physiology!

Haha great idea.

From today, an ECC professor. "All you need for an EKG is a lead above the heart and a lead below the heart. You can do the fancy smoke over fire thing blah blah...but I'm not XXXXX (badass cardio professor) and I don't care. Get the EKG on, get a rhythm, and do CPR."

I know this is a 2014 quote, but now that I'm out in ER practice ... hells yeah. I don't give a rat's ass if the wave form is upside down, backwards, sideways, or whatever. I can read all those. All I care is that it's reading and I can decide if we're alive, fib, tach, pea, etc. Everything else is for mulling over coffee.

Had a new-ish tech last weekend with a crashed case sitting there doing the "um, ok, smoke over fire, so, uh, <untangles leads> this one goes h-" ... and about that time a more experienced tech grabbed the leads and just flippin' attached them. Made me giggle.