Faxing DAT scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoctreDrey

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Should I fax now or wait at least until my app is mailed out on 7/30? (A few schools actually received them already)

Also, when a school says DO NOT SEND ANYTHING UNTIL AN ADCOM OFFICER CONTACTS YOU, does that mean I should wait until I am contacted before I pay the 25$ for an official score report or do I just pay now and assume it will arrive after schools contact me? NOTE: I took the DAT on 7/27.

Members don't see this ad.

you took the DAT two days ago and some schools already got it?? how? or are you talking about your app? :p

i say go ahead and fax them, but call the school first and ask if they don't mind you doing so! some schools don't want them, so be sure to call beforehand.

a few schools received my app, not my dat scores. so call to ask to fax even if they dont have my app yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
a few schools received my app, not my dat scores. so call to ask to fax even if they dont have my app yet?

Yes call and check. Most schools can see your application online before the date listed on the website.

2. Why would you pay the $25 fee to send out dat scores? Most schools accept the scores listed on your aadsas application and you do not need to pay the extra $25 to the ada. Check with the school.

Yes call and check. Most schools can see your application online before the date listed on the website.

2. Why would you pay the $25 fee to send out dat scores? Most schools accept the scores listed on your aadsas application and you do not need to pay the extra $25 to the ada. Check with the school.

aren't there still some schools that require a seperate paper copy? regardless, I'll call and check with each school. Thanks for your help guys.

The schools may note the faxed DAT scores, but they are not 'official' thus won't be included in your file.

Could you post which schools accepted the faxed report? I called Midwestern IL and they said they would not accept the unofficial scores. I'm going to call a few other schools today.

(PS - they are going to have official scores sent to them, I am just trying to get them to accept the unofficial until those offcial ones come through)

Why would you pay the $25 fee to send out dat scores? Most schools accept the scores listed on your aadsas application and you do not need to pay the extra $25 to the ada. Check with the school.
??? This is not the case. A school may believe the scores you posted on AADSAS are valid, and therefore put your application aside for a later 'invite for interview'. But they will not proceed until they have your 'official' DAT scores. You think a school would invite you to an interview and consider you for acceptance based on the scores you filled in??
Faxing is beneficial primarily to the students who have re-taken the DAT during the application cycle. It's a quicker way to update the schools. However, the schools will still not invite you for an interview until they receive the official ones. They could put your app on hold though.

??? This is not the case. A school may believe the scores you posted on AADSAS are valid, and therefore put your application aside for a later 'invite for interview'. But they will not proceed until they have your 'official' DAT scores. You think a school would invite you to an interview and consider you for acceptance based on the scores you filled in??
Faxing is beneficial primarily to the students who have re-taken the DAT during the application cycle. It's a quicker way to update the schools. However, the schools will still not invite you for an interview until they receive the official ones. They could put your app on hold though.

lol I think its a little different this cycle around compared to when you applied.

you no longer self-report DAT scores. apparently AADSAS will automatically electronically upload your scores after they receive them from ADA and send them all the schools you're applying to, regardless of whether you paid the 25$. However, some schools require an additional paper score report, which is what the 25$ is for. I think that's how it works right?

lol I think its a little different this cycle around compared to when you applied.

you no longer self-report DAT scores. apparently AADSAS will automatically electronically upload your scores after they receive them from ADA and send them all the schools you're applying to, regardless of whether you paid the 25$. However, some schools require an additional paper score report, which is what the 25$ is for. I think that's how it works right?

yes :) i don't think any schools that i applied to requested an official copy from ADA directly. some schools even mentioned that the DAT report has to come through AADSAS not directly from ADA. weird.

Yea, I understand what you are saying. I thought undergradguy was referring to the scores that you fill in on your app. Not the scores AADSAS uploads.
I thought he was saying they would take your word for it, that the scores you wrote down on your application were the scores you received.