Faxing pt medication history

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mona2004

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to know that pharmacist need pt consent in order to release his profile to doctor office upon request of either pt pcp or other doctors that pt is getting treatment.

Members don't see this ad.

You don't need it, another doctor is a covered entity

Last edited:
Covered under hipaa. Patient is under the doctors care. You’re good.

Members don't see this ad :)
How many of these threads is @mona2004 going to make?
Did you sleep through your classes?
This is an incredibly basic HIPAA question.

My state has in-person law CE: I recommend you find out if yours has the same

I just wanted to know that pharmacist need pt consent in order to release his profile to doctor office upon request of either pt pcp or other doctors that pt is getting treatment.
No, no consent is required if the release of PHI is to another covered entity for the purpose of patient care

Reactions: 1 user
Really, do you know how many damn phone calls for med recs the ER makes? Pharmacies fax them all day otherwise they'd be on the phone forever.

This is like that thread where the girl proposed all compounds be sent to be tested in a lab before dispensed.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
for WAG, what report do you use? the patient clinical history in pharmacy management? it's annoying to use the patient pmr because it's double sided and i feel like it doesn't list every drug all the time.