Feedback on pharmacy school studying

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KhaiJoyRx

Reaction score
Hi All:

In full disclosure I am a pharmacist who is thinking about starting a business around resources for pharmacy students. Have some questions for current pharmacy students about studying. Thanks in advance your your input.
  1. Outside of textbooks and course materials, what tools or resources do you use for studying? Examples: Notability, GoodNotes, Quizlet, Picmonic, Osmosis.
  2. What are your challenges with studying? Amount of material, time management, high-stakes exams, complex concepts, study skills, etc.?
  3. For you to use a study guide, what would it contain? Flashcards, practice questions, concept maps, drug tables, etc.?
  4. Would you purchase a study guide for pharmacy school?

Members don't see this ad.

For the quality of students nowadays you might want to consider publishing such a "study guide" in coloring book form.....

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
The old school method of transcribing drug monograms from credible databases into drug class comparison charts all painstakingly by hand then typing out rough drafts into word processor (gen Z does not have the discipline, patience, attention span, or concentration to do stuff like this)

Joking random thoughts: hmmmm, I like the coloring book idea similar to those adult stress relief coloring books…making a pop up book sounds like too much effort though. How about making some stupid tik tok raps about drugs?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I’m interested in trying Anki for stuff I forget a lot but will probably make decks myself

ok- what about a pharmacy scratch and sniff? The scent of sweat and despair from an actual CVS pharmacist. The pungent bouquet of a pharmacy dean making snow angels in a pile of money. The musty scent of a parent's basement where you'll be living till you're 50 with no job and 300k in student loans. The possibilities are endless!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
ok- what about a pharmacy scratch and sniff? The scent of sweat and despair from an actual CVS pharmacist. The pungent bouquet of a pharmacy dean making snow angels in a pile of money. The musty scent of a parent's basement where you'll be living till you're 50 with no job and 300k in student loans. The possibilities are endless!

Damn you savage af lmao

How about some paint, a paintbrush, and a mirror to practice painting their face as a clown
Funny you mention a clown. I once pranked the pharmacist who worked for the same chain on the other side of town. We were promoting "Flavor Rx" and I asked him if he got his box from them yet. He asked "what box?". I told him that we were now to wear a full clown suit to promote Flavor RX to the kiddies and parents. He went NUTS and called corporate and bitched them out for being so demeaning to us. I was not very popular at corporate thereafter...LOL

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users