feeling after FAILURE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

marcozecca

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dear friends,
I am currently doing residency and everything is going well at work. I recently tried to obtain a very prestigious and important scholarship that would have allowed me to get important points for a future ambitious fellowship, I got shortlisted but I was eliminated after the video online interview.
I feel sad and frustrated.
What should I do now? has it ever happened to you? any advice?

Thank you!
Marcozecca

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry. Wish I could help but something like that has never happened to me before.

I only applied to 1 medical school because I knew I was God's gift to adcoms followed by 1 residency, 1 fellowship, and finally 1 job.

Reactions: 6 users
Go have a drink or something to take your mind off of it. Meditate. Binge Disney Plus. Go on a bender. Eat yourself into oblivion. Regroup and apply for another grant.

There are literally hundreds of options for you. As is the case in life someone will be chosen for X thing and some won’t. I doubt it was personal. Move on!

Reactions: 1 user
Mourn your loss, then move on. Work harder to make some sort of impact in your area of interest. Talk to your attendings.

Reactions: 1 users