feeling bad

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

laya533

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am really disappointed. I took Kaplan full length 2 and got 26!!!!!!! its so late for improvement. I dont know what has happened since I got 31 in first Kaplan and above 30 in TPR tests. What should I do? :(

Members don't see this ad.

laya533 said:
I am really disappointed. I took Kaplan full length 2 and got 26!!!!!!! its so late for improvement. I dont know what has happened since I got 31 in first Kaplan and above 30 in TPR tests. What should I do? :(

maybe just a fluke.... (?)... try taking one of the AAMC ones...don't get down on yourself though!

A TPR instructor once told me that MCAT diag scores typically decrease before they increase. That's not to say that you will score below your first diag, but.. I'd say it's perfectly normal for your scores to go: 20 (taking it cold) 24, 22, 23, 27, 30, 29, 32, etc.

Remember, every test is asking different questions. If you get a good test that you are very familiar with, you are more than likely going to score high. If you get something that is still convoluted in your head.. you'll remain in the mid to low 20s.

Just pray that you get VERY familiar test subjects on the real thing. I took it once and got basically ZERO physiology (which is my bread and butter as a physiology undergrad). All genetics and immunology.. I struggled and got a 9 on BS when I was getting 11s and 12s on most of the diags. It's a crapshoot I tell ya!! Just buff up on the weak stuff!!

The same will go for the PS section.. as for verbal, practice makes perfect!

laya533 said:

For now, get the explanations to FL #2 at your Kaplan center and go over the questions so that you can understand why you missed the questions that you missed. And then take FL #3 next week and see how you do. Many of my students did much better on FL #3 than they did on FL #2, and I did, too. Actually, FL #3 was the one I scored the highest on. Either way, it is NOT too late for you to improve your score. Don't get discouraged now; you are so close, and you can do it! :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you guys for encouragements! Yeah! I went on the answers and it was all careless mistakes (i.e. velocity of sound 3* 10^9!!!!) I have problem with concentrating. But I have to improve. :rolleyes:

when feeling down, turn to aamc 3r for solace. i guarantee it. if that doesnt work, youre in hot water. the simple answer on what to do is: stop being silly and go study more, with that kind of score specific strategies and tips arent as useful as overall brute force studying