Feeling dejected.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Blazenflames

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I finally plucked the courage to apply to schools for the fall 2019 programs but got an email from one saying that it’s going to probably be for a waitlist spot because someone just accepted the last seat.
My mind is set on Medicine- Podiatry. But I feel like I applied too late in April. I got interview invites, to a few schools and will be accepting them to see where /if I get in. I’ve always had anxiety and stress issues but I’m so afraid of not getting in. It’s silly because I feel like I’ll try again just sooner in the next cycle. I just feel so stuck in my job right now and just want to move on to this next step in my journey.

Members don't see this ad.

Well yeah you applied too late. Apply first thing next cycle.

I would still go to the interview. If it’s a big school, chances are someone will drop and they will pull you to fill the seat

Reactions: 1 user
I'm almost certain Kent and Temple still have open spots. Scholl and New York are also have large class sizes so they should have seats open.

Which school emailed you about the waitlist? What are your stats?

And if you don't get in this year (which I'm pretty sure you will if you apply to all the schools) don't sweat it because applying early for 2020 will make your chances much better.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I’ve just struggled with a lot of issues of self worth anxiety etc. I know I’m overthinking but I can’t help how I feel. I’m going to interview invites.
CGpa: 3.36
SGpa: 3.11
MCAT: 501
EC: working in a lab last year and a half.
Shadowing about 80 hours. Some other stuff in college health science related.

I’ve just struggled with a lot of issues of self worth anxiety etc. I know I’m overthinking but I can’t help how I feel. I’m going to interview invites.
CGpa: 3.36
SGpa: 3.11
MCAT: 501

Your stats are fine. Well within range.

Before you do any of this, you should realize something. You got interview invites for a reason. Programs like you, are interested in you, and want to see who you are as a person.

You're a smart individual who works hard to have even gotten this far.

If you need me to slap some sense into you so you snap out of this "Woe is me" ordeal, I will do it.

Buck up and ****in go get it. Your life is too short to be living in constant dejection. It is a waste of breathing space given your talent and potential if you continue to sit and fester in your misery.

Reactions: 3 users
Your stats are fine. Well within range.

Before you do any of this, you should realize something. You got interview invites for a reason. Programs like you, are interested in you, and want to see who you are as a person.

You're a smart individual who works hard to have even gotten this far.

If you need me to slap some sense into you so you snap out of this "Woe is me" ordeal, I will do it.

Buck up and ****in go get it. Your life is too short to be living in constant dejection. It is a waste of breathing space given your talent and potential if you continue to sit and fester in your misery.
Thank you. I know a rejection or my number #1 school already having all seats filled isn’t the end of the road. It’s a journey and it might have few bumps in the road. The negative emotions once I saw an email about waitlists really bummed me out. Fingers crossed it works out well.

Like the above stated, I believe Temple still has spots.... :D Don't feel down just yet!!!!

NYCPM is still interviewing.

Also, from my and experiences I’ve heard, no one cares what issues you have at home or you are sick. Especially the bigger pod schools. Some of us have to work 10x harder, but you have to suck it up and move on.