Feeling down…WAMC?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

purdey

Reaction score
(deleted for privacy)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
You could add a few more schools and I suggest these:
Quinnipiac
NOVA MD
Eastern Virginia
TCU
Creighton
Western Michigan
Medical College Wisconsin
Oakland Beaumont

Reactions: 1 user
All of my secondaries were submitted by the end of July, within two weeks of receiving them. Haven’t heard back from anywhere and starting to worry…

MCAT: 514 126/130/129/129
CASPER 3Q
Cumulative science GPA: 3.2 (what’s bringing me down are courses I took freshman year (2017) that I have since retaken and shown significant improvement during my post bacc - there was a family emergency that I explained in secondaries)
Post bacc GPA: 3.77
Cumulative undergrad, including post bacc: 3.42 (majors were 3.7)
Undergrad: top 40, majored in public health and political science minor in psychology
Currently getting an MPH and an MSc in Bioethics at a top 5 program
Grad science GPA: 4.0
Cumulative grad GPA: 3.9
Strong focus and a lot of work in underserved communities especially in the realm of sexual and reproductive health
Currently only have 1 pub and ~500 research hours but working on several studies investigating public health concerns in underserved communities
Worked as a medical assistant and now as a research intern at a major hospital. ~700 hours clinical (not including shadowing)
LORs: I would say above average, one I saw was extremely strong written by an MD/MPH. I have 2 from MDs
NJ resident, strong ties to NY/NYC

Here’s where I applied:
Albert Einstein
Wake Forest
NYMC (legacy)
Cornell (legacy)
Columbia (I know it’s a reach but strong ties)
Hofstra
Mount Sinai (reach but strong ties in NYC)
SUNY downstate
Georgetown
GW
Tufts
Sidney Kimmel
Drexel
Temple
Rosalind Franklin
Rush
U Rochester (ties)
Tulane (strong ties)
Rutgers - RWJMS
Rutgers - NJMS
Cooper
Hackensack
Penn State
UVM (strong ties)
Quinnipiac

Worth adding any? Thanks :)
Stop worrying. Today is only August 9. You might not hear for several weeks or even months.

You could add a few more schools and I suggest these:
Quinnipiac
NOVA MD
Eastern Virginia
TCU
Creighton
Western Michigan
Medical College Wisconsin
Oakland Beaumont
Thank you! If you don’t mind, in your opinion am I solid for MD or am I being naive not applying to DO as well?

Looking good, but Cornell and Columbia were donations.

What exactly were your ties?
Thanks! That gives me some relief to hear I’m not totally crazy for applying to med school in the first place lol.
Legacy at Cornell (one parent med school, both parents residency though not sure that counts for much if anything), know some fairly influential people.
Currently a graduate student at Columbia. Two of my LORs are written by Columbia MDs (work at the hospital and teach at the med school) and are very strong.

If I submit my primary to BU now would it be DOA/a donation? I have ties to the area and feel like I’m a strong mission fit, but didn’t apply originally given their median mcat. PS - got my first II (Hofstra!) a few weeks back :)