Feeling pretty low about this semester.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iheartstats

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yes, I know there have been similar threads... I just need a little encouragement or thoughts on this, I guess.

The fact is, I own my own business which I'm giving up in order to fulfill pre-med requirements. Last year I went to a community college and maintained a 4.0. THIS semester I'm at a four year and have dived into Chem 1 and pre-calc (in addition to other classes). I've been volunteering a lot, too. Unfortunately, I had a couple of work projects that completely screwed me this semester. I will be so lucky to get Cs in my math & science this semester.

I'm thinking I can spin this to make it ok (and it's not even spin- it's true). I first needed to attend to my obligations to my clients and volunteer commitments. I'm dedicated 100%, at times to my own detriment.

I'm continuing on (but now truly without my entrepreneurial obligations), and know I can maintain an excellent GPA beyond this semester. Argh. I just still feel like it's a little hopeless. I don't know.

And if I DO get Cs, should I retake? Or just depend on major improvement in Chem 2 and Calc?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Retaking just depends on whether you do well in everything else. I am not sure where you are in your schooling entirely, do you already have a bachelors and are going back to take prereqs, or is this starting from scratch? If you have a decent GPA already a couple Cs won't kill you, if you're mediocre and you get Cs you need to retake them at some point... doesn't have to be now... if it's a C- retake now... anyway, read the underdog threads, they'll boost your spirits, and think about getting a tutor for some of this stuff...

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I know how you feel, I took way too many hours this semester and got 2 C's one in AP Lab and one in Bio lecture =O( Oh well, we will do better next semester =O) Since I am in the same boat as you, I am here to encourage, no advice, haha

I had a lousy semester too. I just posted a separate thread saying something similar. My GPA took a beating. I've been overextending myself every semester for the last two years but I finally met my threshold and just crashed.

I'm so tired.

I'm also envious of the students who have only school to worry about. I guess that's just part of this non-traditional route.