Ferris Pharmacy class of 2018, entering 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

al10

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to start a new thread for the class entering Ferris this fall 2014.

I applied last year, got an interview & was not accepted then applied again this year as early decision & was accepted!

I did not take my pre-reqs at Ferris, just took most of them at a local community college while living at home so I'm a little scared as to what my living situation will be this fall. I was wondering what everyone else will be doing or advises?
I feel like dorms would be easiest seeing as it will be my first time "on my own" but they are so much more expensive than getting an apartment but some of the on campus apartment information on ferris' site confuses me, west finch? you can do month to month renting? but the others you have to sign a 12 month lease? I would want month to month seeing as I'd want to come home over the summer but I'm worried about having to bring back an apartment full of furniture in the summer & I live 3 hours away so that's not something I'd want to do. Then I've also seen, on craigslist, listings for just a room rental with other students & I feel like that would be easier then I would only have a room full of stuff but I'd rather room with all pharmacy students or at least people that aren't huge party people seeing as there will be a lot of studying to do. If anyone already has a place like that & looking for a roommate let me know, & seeing as I'm a female I'd like at least one other girl in the house.
If anyone has any advice on this I'd love it! thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone know when interview invitations were/will be sent out? I didn't even receive a confirmation e-mail about my PharmCAS being received.

Anyone know when interview invitations were/will be sent out? I didn't even receive a confirmation e-mail about my PharmCAS being received.

Last year when I applied I didn't receive my interview invitation until Jan 7th but I know they send out letters in groups so it's possible they just haven't sent you anything yet; check your spam folder though, last year my rejection letter got put in there & I missed it for a while (it was sent april 9th & I didn't find it until the 24th when I emailed Tara Lee & asked her my status).
This year I did early decision so my interview was in september.

Members don't see this ad :)
Obviously why you want to do pharmacy, along with what have you done to help decide that & why not another medical field, something about telling a problem you've had & how you solved it, describe a skill you have, describe a group you've been in with diversity, describe the best critique you've been given, etc.

I was super nervous last year when I applied but after going through it once it was super easy this time around & the people I had interview me this year were much more laid back and I felt more comfortable, so just try to relax and take a breath if you need to, one tip a teacher gave me was to bring a bottle of water so if you need another second to think of an answer you can take a drink to give yourself more time.

Finally accepted here!! Does anybody know what they are doing about living situations yet?

Obviously why you want to do pharmacy, along with what have you done to help decide that & why not another medical field, something about telling a problem you've had & how you solved it, describe a skill you have, describe a group you've been in with diversity, describe the best critique you've been given, etc.

I was super nervous last year when I applied but after going through it once it was super easy this time around & the people I had interview me this year were much more laid back and I felt more comfortable, so just try to relax and take a breath if you need to, one tip a teacher gave me was to bring a bottle of water so if you need another second to think of an answer you can take a drink to give yourself more time.

Thank you so much for the post! I got my acceptance letter today! It was extremely relaxed.

Did you guys receive your acceptance letter through email or via postal?

For those who got accepted on Monday when was your interview?
I interviewed the 7th of Feb. and I haven't heard back yet they said I should hear back 7-10 days and it will be through email.
Has anyone heard back from that interview date?

Is anyone interested in a facebook group similar to this? I feel it may be helpful for others to get in contact with other students if they are unaware of this site but know of fb. If anyone is interested in order to make a group you have to add a friend to it & seeing as I have no friends attending pharmacy at fsu I can't make one unless I add a random friend, so if someone would post their own fb page on here I could add them as a friend & make the page then post the link to it here.

I'm personally trying to figure out my living situation & I'd rather see people's pictures & their age & whatnot before I agree to live with them so I don't end up with a creeper, haha.

Is anyone interested in a facebook group similar to this? I feel it may be helpful for others to get in contact with other students if they are unaware of this site but know of fb. If anyone is interested in order to make a group you have to add a friend to it & seeing as I have no friends attending pharmacy at fsu I can't make one unless I add a random friend, so if someone would post their own fb page on here I could add them as a friend & make the page then post the link to it here.

I'm personally trying to figure out my living situation & I'd rather see people's pictures & their age & whatnot before I agree to live with them so I don't end up with a creeper, haha.
I have no idea what I'm doing either, but I'm a guy so I don't think I'll be helpful to you on this matter.

Last edited:
For those who got accepted on Monday when was your interview?
I interviewed the 7th of Feb. and I haven't heard back yet they said I should hear back 7-10 days and it will be through email.
Has anyone heard back from that interview date?

I interviewed on Feb. 7th too and they contacted me via email

Awesome! I'll delete mine. I tried looking for one before I made one but nothing came up, but thanks!
Ohh yeah I made it in the last week and for some reason it was taking a while to show up on Facebook search!

Does anyone understand that ferris state residency policy, so for example if I get a full time job do I automatically become a resident or do I have to work for a year?