Fieldwork

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futureOTstudent

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I figured it would be good to have a thread to talk about fiedlwork for those of us in OT school. Any questions/advice? I've done level 1 mental health, level 1 pediatrics, level 1 phys dis, and level 2 mental health. I'm about to do level 2 phys dis this summer.

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks FutureOTstudent for putting this thread up.

What thus far have your found to be the most challenging?

What have you found to be the most surprising or not what you thought it would be? For example: I've heard people say they thought they'd love peds but didn't or vice versa. Same with other areas.

Bump.

Any fieldwork sites that students highly recommend?

I am interested in becoming a pediatric therapist, but I hear a lot about going to a wide variety of fieldwork sties to help you out for the NBCOT. I guess my 2nd choices would be either ortho or subacute.

I am interested in sites in CA, WA, NY, PA, or even CO.

Any fieldwork site ideas?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey! I am in my last academic semester of OT school and will be starting my level II FW in an outpatient therapy clinic in Jan 2013 . Do you have any tips you can give me to prepare?

Also, we should stay in touch ! Boards Exam is coming up and we can bounce idea of each.