Fifth Best School In The Caribbean?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Confused 20

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am going to apply to the Big 4 in the near future and my stats and extracurriculars are pretty good but I scored pretty low on the MCAT and therefore am thinking about applying to the second tier of medical schools if I am unable to get into the Big 4 with my low MCAT score. Could anybody who is knowledgeable in the are give me an idea of what they feel is the 5th (and 6th perhaps) best school in the Caribbean(so I could see if my MCAT is competitive for that school)? Is there one school (like AUA for example) or a few schools that is/are pretty much unanimously considered as the 5th best school or a few that are in the highest tier of schools other than the Big 4?

Members don't see this ad.

Bro - you should check out Guatemalan Upstairs Medical College. Heard of a dude who got a 16 on mcat w/GPA 1.6 and still got a scholarship -- only 78.000 Queztals/year and he only came down with active TB twice.

Reactions: 4 users
I would say MUA and AUC would be the front runners... I am avoiding AUC because of the Devry connection but Devry's reputation doesn't seem to be affecting Ross too much.

Members don't see this ad :)
Bro - you should check out Guatemalan Upstairs Medical College. Heard of a dude who got a 16 on mcat w/GPA 1.6 and still got a scholarship -- only 78.000 Queztals/year and he only came down with active TB twice.
Hahahaha only twice not bad :DD
Can't believe how cheap that tuition is though

Low MCAT scores correlate with poor performance on Step 1. What makes you so sure that you'll succeed that you're willing on to take all the debt?

Why not retake the MCAT and do better?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
OP has posts from years ago about getting kicked out of a Caribbean school.

Not going to be an MD. Sorry.

Reactions: 1 users