Fighting medical SPAM. Any interest in a class action lawsuit?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chunkychen

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm a practicing family physician. I love my job but one thing that has been driving me absolutely crazy during the past 2 years or so is the amount of spam that I am getting in my professional email account. Nearly daily I get emails from various pharmaceutical companies which use a company called DMD marketing, which also I believe, operates under the domain HCPconnects1.com and "DMD connects".

I have literally asked to be unsubscribed from these emails using the "unsubscribe" links as well as asking directly to the company, dozens of times, but they continue to fill my mailbox with undesired mail. I wonder if some of you may have had this experience yourself.

I am getting sick of this and have filed a complaint with the FCC, but given the slowness of governmental action on anything, I wonder if filing a class action lawsuit against this company would be doing a service to the medical industry.

If you have been the recipient of a barrage of unsolicited emails which do not stop despite requests to unsubscribe, I suspect that there may be a winnable legal case against this company, which could be lucrative for those who have fallen victim to its practices. If you are interested in joining me for a class action lawsuit, please PM me. I'm trying to decide if it is worth it- I suspect it is if we can have enough plantiffs. Let me clear, I hate lawyers and legal stuff. But this company needs to be taught as lesson.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi all,

I'm a practicing family physician. I love my job but one thing that has been driving me absolutely crazy during the past 2 years or so is the amount of spam that I am getting in my professional email account. Nearly daily I get emails from various pharmaceutical companies which use a company called DMD marketing, which also I believe, operates under the domain HCPconnects1.com and "DMD connects".

I have literally asked to be unsubscribed from these emails using the "unsubscribe" links as well as asking directly to the company, dozens of times, but they continue to fill my mailbox with undesired mail. I wonder if some of you may have had this experience yourself.

I am getting sick of this and have filed a complaint with the FCC, but given the slowness of governmental action on anything, I wonder if filing a class action lawsuit against this company would be doing a service to the medical industry.

If you have been the recipient of a barrage of unsolicited emails which do not stop despite requests to unsubscribe, I suspect that there may be a winnable legal case against this company, which could be lucrative for those who have fallen victim to its practices. If you are interested in joining me for a class action lawsuit, please PM me. I'm trying to decide if it is worth it- I suspect it is if we can have enough plantiffs. Let me clear, I hate lawyers and legal stuff. But this company needs to be taught as lesson.

thanks for your time,
Mike Chen, MD

Yes Dr. Chen. The most important cause to take up in the world of medicine and especially primary care is SPAM.

It's not the punitive malpractice environment in medicine.
It's not the Insurance companies raping doctor.
It's not the massive amount of useless govt. regulations.
It's not the state of primary care itself and the potential future shortage and issues within primary care that we could write volumes about.
It's not the massive cost of pharmaceutical drugs.
It's not the ginormous cost of healthcare.

THE MOST IMPORTANT CAUSE IS SPAM EMAIL.

You are such a rebel and you have such a worthy cause. Lets call on congress to stop spam on a global level and perhaps we need to send in seal team spam.

Wow, sounds like someone has some pent up aggression that needs to get out. No where did I declare that medical spam was the most important cause that be championed for. Your reply is immature and irrelevant. I was simply querying people to see if others had experienced what I experienced when dealing with this company. It seems that that has not been the case, which I am glad to hear. I would much rather that my situation be an outlier than the normative experience for others. Ultimately, I as an individual can't do much about the numerous issues that you stated outside of what I can do within my scope of practice- but I can work to push against a company that has bad business practices and hopefully things will change there. Perhaps you should take up a hobby.

NO. You said you want to do a class action lawsuit against spam.

The immature and irrelevant person is the one who bring up spam and getting a class action suit going for it. That's the cause you chose to post about.

Why don't you work to push against poor working conditions in corp med or poor pay for FM's or the current malpractice environment?

Instead you chose spam as your cause putting it at the top of your list.

Get a life buddy.