Filipino PTs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lee9786

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've seen a number of Filipino PTs and am wondering why. I don't see any Russian PTs for instance. Why are Filipino PTs so popular?

Members don't see this ad.

Filipino's are generally known to be drawn to the health care field as they are stable careers and pay well.

You'll see more in nursing, but there are plenty MD's and PT's. Really depends on where you live (eg. California, Oregon, New York are saturated with Filipino PT's).

Trust me. I'm a Filipino PT (mom's a nurse, dad's an MD).

Why do you ask?

I have also seen alot of filipino PTs too. With the PT shortage, there is more recruitment for foreign trained PTs and the Philipines produces quality PTs at a BsPT level. The hiring agency helps them out with visas, temp housing, etc...One on my clinical instructors is filipino and she said that she makes 4Xs as much money here than in the Philipines. Also one of my professors is from the Netherlands and he was recruited to come work in the USA. The recruiter got $10,000 for every qualified PT!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Filipino's are generally known to be drawn to the health care field as they are stable careers and pay well.

You'll see more in nursing, but there are plenty MD's and PT's. Really depends on where you live (eg. California, Oregon, New York are saturated with Filipino PT's).

Trust me. I'm a Filipino PT (mom's a nurse, dad's an MD).

Why do you ask?

Wondering why I don't see Russian PTs for instance. I was talking to a Filipino PT recently that was educated overseas. He states it makes sense because of the educational costs to become one. So he is currently studying for the PT test over here so he can practice.

I'm just researching the trends. Increased student loan debt for domestic students may deter domestic potential PTs from entering the field. Meanwhile more of the demand is being met by foreign PTs that got there education elsewhere. Would you agree this is a possibility?

This is definitely a possibility. However, usually this model works best with agencies that will help with Visa's, etc. Unfortunately, I don't know very many outpatient places that sponsor visas. Most seem to be inpatient facilities.

That's weird, here in Michigan there don't seem to be that many Filipino PTs. Indian PTs on the other hand....holy crap are there a lot.

hi DPTinFL, im also here in netherlands so i was wondering if you know the recruiter of your professor ? and if you can give me their contact details , i would really appreciate it , thanks

Interesting... I am a Filipino DPT student and I see the strong trends of Filipino/as in the health care profession. Indians have their fair share of their population in the profession as well. Russians? I am sure they have their population concentrated around just maybe not heavily in the U.S.

MinnDasota, don't forget Hawaii as well bradah. They are loaded with Filipino/as. Way to represent! I tell you what, we'd be millionaires if we set up lumpia stands around the country. HAHA!!! All my friends are addicted to that stuff!!!

Interesting... I am a Filipino DPT student and I see the strong trends of Filipino/as in the health care profession. Indians have their fair share of their population in the profession as well. Russians? I am sure they have their population concentrated around just maybe not heavily in the U.S.

MinnDasota, don't forget Hawaii as well bradah. They are loaded with Filipino/as. Way to represent! I tell you what, we'd be millionaires if we set up lumpia stands around the country. HAHA!!! All my friends are addicted to that stuff!!!

HA!!! How can I forget Hawaii!!?! Was just there for the first time for the Kona Ironman last October.