Final Interview Invites

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WondrinWanderer

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am wondering if there is a general time by which most programs (sp Med/Peds) have sent out thier interview invites. I understand that there are conintuing invitations as applicants cancel, etc. But I am just trying to determine when I can start finalizing my schedule and buying flights.

I still have several programs that I am interested that I haven't heard back from and have left a few dates open on my schedule for the possibility of thier invitation. However if they don't send an invite I have a couple programs which I have not yet scheduled with.

Perhaps a resident, attending, someone involved in the process can give me an idea. I know that there is no definitive answer to this question however perhaps there is a general consensus that someone knows about.

Thanks so much for your time and insight.

Members don't see this ad.

if there's a certain program you're waiting for, call them and ask- but nicely- if they've had a chance to review your application, if they're waiting on additional information or if there's any other info you can provide. I received my last interview invite around this time, but only after i called them- even though i was doing a rotation at that institution at the time. good luck!