Final TPR Diag, Overall Score Progression

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Overeducated

MSIV
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So who took their last TPR diag today? I know there's a "TPR bashing" thread going around but I must say I've been reasonably satisifed with the class though somewhat dissapointed with it's inability to improve my verbal score significantly. I find their verbal strategies to be relatively ineffective and useless but I can't complain about my PS and BS scores anymore. Everyone in my class (myself included) felt the VR on AAMC 7 was much harder than 6R but I don't really see any difference in the scoring scale to reflect the higher difficulty :mad: Just like on 6R, the BS section seemed incredibly hard to understand (like the nematode passage) and yet I did even better than last time. Go figure.

TPR 4911: 7 PS, 7 VR, 10 BS
TPR 4921: 7 PS, 6 VR, 8 BS
TPR 4931: 8 PS, 7 VR, 9 BS
AAMC 6R: 9 PS, 8 VR, 11 BS
AAMC 7: 12 PS, 8 VR, 13 BS

Members don't see this ad.

did you take 6r and 7 with tpr or on your own. i am taking tpr and they offered 4911-4951, am I missing something?

kdwuma said:
did you take 6r and 7 with tpr or on your own. i am taking tpr and they offered 4911-4951, am I missing something?

I think it varies by location. We took 6R and 7 for our 4th and 5th diags. (I'm in southern california)

TPR 4911: 6 PS, 5 VR, 8 BS
TPR 4921: 4 PS, 7 VR, 6 BS
TPR 4931: 8 PS, 9 VR, 7 BS
AAMC 6R: 11 PS, 10 VR, 10 BS
AAMC 7: 9 PS, 12 VR, 7 BS

I actually thought Verbal wasn't bad but then again, I thought Bio was really hard this time (compared to 6r).

Members don't see this ad :)
Lolo08 said:
TPR 4911: 6 PS, 5 VR, 8 BS
TPR 4921: 4 PS, 7 VR, 6 BS
TPR 4931: 8 PS, 9 VR, 7 BS
AAMC 6R: 11 PS, 10 VR, 10 BS
AAMC 7: 9 PS, 12 VR, 7 BS

I actually thought Verbal wasn't bad but then again, I thought Bio was really hard this time (compared to 6r).

ack, I'd kill for your VR score :D
...contradicts my theory that people are born good or bad at VR, ugh. I've barely been able to raise my score at all, makes me wonder if I have attention deficit disorder or something. I just can't remember anything in those passages after I read it.

As I read through the passage, I don't attempt to cram all the information into my brain. What I do is, I actively circle words that are important (names and such). Yeah, I took that part of TPR's advice...everything else, of course, went out the window. Then I read the questions and go back to the key words that I've circled and read what the author is saying. That seems to work for me. Hope this helps.

I could kill for your BS score! ;) Did you actually review everything in the book?

Overeducated said:
ack, I'd kill for your VR score :D
...contradicts my theory that people are born good or bad at VR, ugh. I've barely been able to raise my score at all, makes me wonder if I have attention deficit disorder or something. I just can't remember anything in those passages after I read it.

lolo, how did you increase your verbal score?? whats ur secret?? :(

Lolo08 said:
I could kill for your BS score! ;) Did you actually review everything in the book?

not really... I read the topics that I'm weak on, skim the topics that I'm strong on, and mostly go over my notes from the TPR class. I'm a bio major and I've taken lots of upper division bio classes so I've always considered it to be my best section... but I do feel I've been very, very lucky on these last 2 tests (lots of process of elimination and educated guesses were involved). In contrast, for the PS section I actually KNEW that I did well this time (before scoring it)--which was a great feeling.

On this one I thought the PS was really hard while I was doing it, but the BS seemed really easy. I thought the VR questions were easier than 6R, but the passages were harder to understand -- too abstract.

TPR 4911: 4 PS, 7 VR, 6 BS
TPR 4921: 4 PS, 5 VR, 8 BS
TPR 4931: 5 PS, 9 VR, 5 BS
AAMC 6R: 7 PS, 6 VR, 8 BS
AAMC 7: 8 PS, 10 VR, 10 BS