Finalizing a School List...Help Please

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ciestar

All grown up!
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
The rundown:
3.72 cGPA, 3.81 sGPA (approximate)
31 MCAT (11/8/12)
PA resident
White Female

FWIW, I also plan on putting disadvantaged on the application.

Clinical:
~225 hours direct patient care for nursing clinicals (nursing homes and oncology unit)
~1000+ hours as a pharmacy technician, PTCB certified

Shadowing:
~54 hours shadowing a Pediatrician, Primary Care doctor, Orthopedic surgeon, Pulmonologist, Ophthalmologist/retinal surgeon (DO)

Non-clinical Volunteering:
~100+ hours volunteering with a no-kill dog rescue
-100+ (and counting) hours with a non-profit organization that benefits homeless/very low-income children in the Philadelphia area

Tutoring/Leadership:
-Two years as a TA for economics (around 400 hours)- includes tutoring, exam proctoring, grading, etc
I was basically in charge of running the class Facebook page and organizing reviews for exams, and helping with homework
-Lead Pharmacy Technician at my job. I assist in training, especially.
-Section Leader at the non-profit. I lead groups of 10-25 volunteers at various stations within the organization

Honors:
-Alpha Epsilon Delta - participated in about 14 hours of volunteering with Red Cross and Autism Speaks in the month I was a member (nationally inducted, if that means anything..)
-Deans List (likely won't list this on AMCAS)
-Student Marshal at commencement

Research:
Tiny amount of hypothesis-based research - one semester, maybe 40 hours - project on plant growth/development

Others/hobbies:
-PADI open water diver
-Pep Band (1 year, about 40 hours)

My School List:
Penn State
Drexel
Temple
TCMC
Penn
Jefferson
Quinnipaic
Rush
USF
Wake Forest
Einstein
VCU
Tufts
Maryland
George Washington
Dartmouth

Ideally, I'd like to cut one school off the list (not Penn).
How does this list look? I also have a few others in consideration: Albany, Cornell, and Eastern Virginia.

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah cut the ones that gyngyn said.

Instead look into: Vermont, SLU, EVMS, Rosalind Franklin

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Add Albany, New York Medical College, Rosalind Franklin, Loyola, St. Louis, Creighton, Tulane.

Reactions: 1 user
I ended up cutting Maryland after looking at the MSAR again. I have FAP but i can also add more lately. But i kept usf and gw on there.

If i end up adding anymore it'll probably be Albany, EVMS, or Rochester.

Last edited:
@Goro
I'd appreciate your input as well. Thanks!

Add both Albany and EVMS.