Finding a Good Pod

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Docgeorge

Bent Over and Violated
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I need to find a good pod here in OH, and I was wondering if you guys might have any ideas on what I should look for.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Docgeorge said:
I need to find a good pod here in OH, and I was wondering if you guys might have any ideas on what I should look for.

Thanks

what do you need the pod for?

Is it sprots medicine related?

Warts?

Bunions?

Just like in other fields of medicine Pods have even further specialties and not all are surgeons.

Hello,

Since you are posting on this forum, I assume you know how to use google :)

Still, here are some links:

http://www.apma.org/s_apma/index.asp

www.epodiatry.com/clinics.htm

Since I am only a 2nd year student, I don't have the experience to suggest a good podiatrist. As Krabmas stated, it really depends on the need. In addition, as with the selection of any doctor it is important to research the doctor. There are good and bad doctors in any field of medicine.

Members don't see this ad :)
I neet to have my big toe looked at. The toe nail hurts if you put any kind of pressure on it, and qutie frankly it's getting annoying. If I were back in Des MOines it really would not be a problem, I could hop over to the clinic on campus and have it looked at, unfortunately I just moved to Ohio for clinicals and dont know what constitues a good pod in the community. I was hoping that those in the profession would know how to spots the quacks. I've had the misfortune of having the services of a bad pod 4 years ago and I dont care to make that mistake again. I want some one who is upto date, ethical and knowledgeable.

Docgeorge said:
I neet to have my big toe looked at. The toe nail hurts if you put any kind of pressure on it, and qutie frankly it's getting annoying. If I were back in Des MOines it really would not be a problem, I could hop over to the clinic on campus and have it looked at, unfortunately I just moved to Ohio for clinicals and dont know what constitues a good pod in the community. I was hoping that those in the profession would know how to spots the quacks. I've had the misfortune of having the services of a bad pod 4 years ago and I dont care to make that mistake again. I want some one who is upto date, ethical and knowledgeable.

Docgeorge,

Up to date= current standing as a licensed and board qualified podiatric physician.
ethical= hard to judge ones ethics. If per is an APMA member, does per really believe in the ethical system? Could do a check on professional license but this could be opening a completely different can of worms (political differences in beliefs can affect some peoples "ethical" decisions)
Knowledgeable= Another hard one... If the podiatric physician has a current lic., is board qualified, etc...I would hope they were knowledgable. Still, how do you judge the knowledge of any physician? You have to educate yourself, ask questions and expect answers.

Contact the Ohio Podiatric College or State APMA representative and ask for a referal. I would try the Ohio State APMA first.

Dr. Lawrence DiDomenico, Youngstown, OH
Dr. Michael Forman, Cleveland, OH
Dr. Molly Judge, Toledo, OH
Dr. Leonard Janis, Columbus, OH (I think?)

Those are the ones I've heard about, that are top in OH.

LCR

diabeticfootdr said:
Dr. Lawrence DiDomenico, Youngstown, OH
Dr. Michael Forman, Cleveland, OH
Dr. Molly Judge, Toledo, OH
Dr. Leonard Janis, Columbus, OH (I think?)

Those are the ones I've heard about, that are top in OH.

LCR

Thanks