Finding the right job

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mac_kin

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are some key factors you would recommend I ensure when finding the right place for an aspiring orthopaedic PT?

I don't want to settle just to have "any job". I want a clinic where I can grow and learn - I'm not looking for any long-term commitment (I'm not telling them that of course) but rather a good place to learn as a new grad.

Any advice? Do I base it on the qualifications of other staff? location?

I graduated this past fall. I'm having MAJOR difficulty finding the right job, I'm being low-balled at my current job but keeping it to make some $ and have something on the resume for now.

I just don't even know where to start. There are like 1-2 postings a month in my area. I've tried cold-calling/emailing clinics in the area with no luck. I've had maybe 3 interviews at private practices since graduation, decided not to take the only offer I received due to location/transportation problems.

So what do I do? I'm officially going to broaden my search nationwide I think, lol.

Members don't see this ad.