Finish Physics sequence or start Organic Chem?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mjg713

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am in post bacc finishing up my pre-reqs and trying to raise my gpa since it is a little below average. I just finished taking Physics 1 this semester. Should I start Organic in the Fall? or finish Physics 2 in the Fall and start Organic in the Spring? (I refuse to take them together) thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Are those your only classes you are taking?

Go for both of them! I just finished up my last semester of pre-reqs where I took Orgo 2 and Physics 2, both with labs, and earned all A's. Not to boast, but I worked 3 jobs while getting married and having a kid. You would be surprised at how much time you have. Wake up early - Stay up Late!

Members don't see this ad :)
I will be taking A&P 1 with whichever I decide to take. I also work 4-5 days a week.

If I were you I would focus on O-Chem so you can get to your DAT as quickly as possible. Personally, I saved Physics 2 until after I apply this summer as I didn't see a point in rushing to take it when I could take upper level bios and O-chems before I applied as I felt they showed more about my future as a dental student.