First Aid & CPR: Professional Licenses And Certificates?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rangardrum

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can/should CPR and First Aid be placed in the professional licenses and certificates section of the PTCAS application? Since I have them, I'm wondering if that's considered a good addition to an application. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I think most schools require that you have those certifications as an admission pre-req anyway and will want to see documentation of it prior to enrollment. But listing them on the PTCAS app certainly doesn't hurt either.

Members don't see this ad :)
I put down certifications I had years ago (CPR/First Aid and Personal Trainer Certification), would that still look good?

I put down certifications I had years ago (CPR/First Aid and Personal Trainer Certification), would that still look good?

CPR/First Aid needs to be current if you are going to put it on your application. I think the current certification expiration is 2 years. If your PT cert. doesnt expire, definately put it down.

CPR/First Aid needs to be current if you are going to put it on your application. I think the current certification expiration is 2 years. If your PT cert. doesnt expire, definately put it down.

That's a good point since it asks for the expiration when entering certifications. Luckily you can obtain certification pretty quickly and easily.

I have my CPR and First Aid certifications through the American Red Cross. The CPR certification lasts 1 year, and First Aid lasts 3 years.

I put down my EMT-Basic certification. I'm pretty sure that qualifies.