First Pay Check Celebration!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

dadat

Long time reader, first time poster...
Just curious how everyone celebrated their first "pathology residency" paycheck!

Members don't see this ad.

dadat said:
Just curious how everyone celebrated their first "pathology residency" paycheck!
i paid my month's mortgage.

Paying off my credit card bills and loans :).

Members don't see this ad :)
I paid the butler. (Oh, wait. You said residency paycheck. Sorry.)

I bought shoes...big surprise there

No one spent it in the Champaine Room! :eek:

dadat said:
My first pay period went from June 27 to July 10. In that period I worked 6 days. After tax and medical and dental insurance deductions, I found made a whopping amount of bank - enough to cover my rent and electricity bill.

But I did have a chocolate martini and buy a plane ticket to Paris. :cool:

16 lap dances, a terrible hangover, and a horrible case of jock itch!
im7.jpg

God damn it, I'm broke aaaaaaaag-in!

I, too, bought shoes. And a skirt. I think some bills got paid too.

I also photocopied the check and paystub for posterity.

It must be my hypoglycemic state, but the pay statement-ese is being difficult.

In the simplest language possible - which is better for me, a before-tax deduction or an after-tax deduction?

Before tax, it reduces your overall amount earned, which means less taxes taken out and the pre-tax money is 'worth more' because it hasn't been taxed yet.

dadat said:
Well, considering that my first pay period was 2 days, I promptly spent it all on a nice-ish dinner. (One regular paycheck isn't enough to pay my rent anyway, so there isn't much I can do with it besides put it in the bank. :mad: )