First professional interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

krissybear

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all, first off - apologies if there is a thread out there already asking something similar, but when I tried to search all that came up were PT school interviews....

I have my first interview coming up next week at a hospital for a full-time acute care position. I am nervous because this is my first professional interview and already have doubts that I would even be qualified for the position as I just graduated recently. I have great experience in acute care and a wonderful CI who I know will give me a solid reference, but in terms of questions likely to be asked, how to keep cool calm and collected when I know I will likely have to put on my best "fake it til you make it performance". Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

Members don't see this ad.

don't fake anything. Relax, be yourself and speak from the heart. Nothing worse than faking it, presenting something that you are not, then finding that your fake persona fits the personality of the place, and you don't.

NOTHING to worry about! They are ok with you being a newly grad, otherwise they would not invite you to the interview in the first place.
Questions they ask depend on the facility. I have been interviewed in 3. 2 of them were more like a conversation interview. For the 3rd one, they had a page of scenario questions (like what you would do in this or that situation) and they would just go through them with each candidate; and then they would have a normal conversation interview afterwards.
Good luck!