First year essentials (tips and tricks guide)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Natnow

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I would like to hear from others what the "essentials" are for first year pod students. Essentials for lifestyle, studying, finances, etc. - sort of like a tips and tricks guide or podiatry school life hacks. ;) Or maybe something you learned during your first year that you wish you would have known or followed through with (during your first year or any other year). Anything you can add to the table so that all of us entering can have a head start or better grasp this new environment! I will be starting at Barry University this August and am so excited!

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Every minute of every day counts. When you are supposed to be studying...study. When you are supposed to be relaxing....relax. When you are supposed to be working out...work out. When you are supposed to be drinking to relax...you get the picture.

Reactions: 5 users
Just some perspective to piggyback on the above comment: Every point on every exam counts. You will have 30-100 people with GPAs in a 1.5 point range. The difference between being in the top 20% and not being in the top half can be alarmingly small. Depending on which residency you want, that can be big.

For healthy/ cheap/ easy meal prep, invest $20 in a crock pot :)
I've made some great recipes with protein and veggies. In the morning you throw it all in, when you come home from classes/labs and you have a hot meal ready to eat. Plus you can make / freeze big batches for later.

Reactions: 1 user