Fixing pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmdpharmd

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
http://money.cnn.com/2016/04/14/technology/pillpack-express-scripts/index.html?iid=hp-stack-dom

Summary: innovative company comes up with a great business idea that express-scripts tries to kill.

Major credit to the guy who founded this company, that's what we need, innovation! I am hopeful he wins his fight with express scripts.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
and even more so we need to be able to take away the one sided power that is crushing our profession. the other day had an rx for a valeant product and tried to save the patient on her copay by downloading coupon just to have to send her to the corner of unfair and greedy because they have a "deal" with valeant lol . patient was so thankful i saved her money, too bad that won't pay my bills. and yes hats off to this company hope they come out on top

http://money.cnn.com/2016/04/14/technology/pillpack-express-scripts/index.html?iid=hp-stack-dom

Summary: innovative company comes up with a great business idea that express-scripts tries to kill.

Major credit to the guy who founded this company, that's what we need, innovation! I am hopeful he wins his fight with express scripts.

I still don't know what is so "great" about this idea. It basically replaces a pillbox. What if her lisinopril 10mg has been changed to 20mg? Is she suppose to remove all the 10mg tablets?

Express script doesn't care about their idea. They just want them to reclassify themselves as a "mail order pharmacy" rather than a retail pharmacy, probably because lower reimbursement rate. It IS a mail order pharmacy after all.

and even more so we need to be able to take away the one sided power that is crushing our profession. the other day had an rx for a valeant product and tried to save the patient on her copay by downloading coupon just to have to send her to the corner of unfair and greedy because they have a "deal" with valeant lol . patient was so thankful i saved her money, too bad that won't pay my bills. and yes hats off to this company hope they come out on top

You could have saved her money by telling her the drug is a crap and there are better alternatives. Coupons are used to get you hook then the high cost kicks in.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Members don't see this ad :)
I still don't know what is so "great" about this idea. It basically replaces a pillbox. What if her lisinopril 10mg has been changed to 20mg? Is she suppose to remove all the 10mg tablets?

Express script doesn't care about their idea. They just want them to reclassify themselves as a "mail order pharmacy" rather than a retail pharmacy, probably because lower reimbursement rate. It IS a mail order pharmacy after all.

You could have saved her money by telling her the drug is a crap and there are better alternatives. Coupons are used to get you hook then the high cost kicks in.

Welcome to contemporary health care. Sustain the patient on "x" treatment of expensive medicine through brand-name drugs or expensive medical procedures such as an elective surgery not covered by insurance. Keep the patients' hooked on these processes and suck all the money out of their wallets. USA health care in a nutshell.

your assuming the md will ok changing the drug. however you assume wrong as this md will not. so thanks for the lesson but my point stands. smarten up cub scout. focus on the point

and fyi it is a great idea pretty much like the blister packing i do for my patients. yes the new meds or dose changes are complicated issues but so is 10 vials of meds leading to poor outcomes for some. programs like this are great for those on many chronic meds and its a free service
( unfortunately not reimbursed by plans)

your assuming the md will ok changing the drug. however you assume wrong as this md will not. so thanks for the lesson but my point stands. smarten up cub scout. focus on the point

and fyi it is a great idea pretty much like the blister packing i do for my patients. yes the new meds or dose changes are complicated issues but so is 10 vials of meds leading to poor outcomes for some. programs like this are great for those on many chronic meds and its a free service
( unfortunately not reimbursed by plans)

So what? Have some backbone. Tell her it is a crappy med that the hedge fund manager decides to charge her 1000x value.

You are not saving her money by printing a coupon. You are getting her hooked on an overprice, crappy drug.

So what? Have some backbone. Tell her it is a crappy med that the hedge fund manager decides to charge her 1000x value.

You are not saving her money by printing a coupon. You are getting her hooked on an overprice, crappy drug.

lol you spineless monkey i have plenty backbone. i chose to be an indy so don't question my "backbone" and i will advocate against the corporate greed and actually fight for what should be ours. what have you done other than post on this forum?

lol you spineless monkey i have plenty backbone. i chose to be an indy so don't question my "backbone" and i will advocate against the corporate greed and actually fight for what should be ours. what have you done other than post on this forum?

No wonder you offered her a coupon instead of telling her she is buying an overprice, crappy drug. More money for you right?

Greed is not exclusive to corps. Look at the number of indy pharmacists who got caught doing illegal ****.

No wonder you offered her a coupon instead of telling her she is buying an overprice, crappy drug. More money for you right?

Greed is not exclusive to corps. Look at the number of indy pharmacists who got caught doing illegal ****.

once again you derailed the point. her md would not change it so i would rather her pay 0 and yes at my store vs elsewhere. like i said what do you contribute to the profession?

Those valeant coupons bring the price down to a pretty good price. Glad we have that partnership to help our customers out.

Heck some give $0 copay.

Those valeant coupons bring the price down to a pretty good price. Glad we have that partnership to help our customers out.

Heck some give $0 copay.
LOL

Tell my why Locoid lotion 59 ml should cost nearly $500.

Heck some give $0 copay.
right 0 copay why not. prob is that this "partnership" is no different than cvs and caremarks. its shady . if a doctor steers patients to a pharmacy for economic gain he is braking the law. well if 1+1=2 ? right follow me. then cvs and caremark are breaking the law
and walgreens and valeant are breaking the law. and etc........... every person on this site should fight with pillpack go to they're site and and email an express scripts representative. if they lose we all lose. i sent email to each a** hole listed and will be contacting my local legislators . its like voting ladies every vote counts

Members don't see this ad :)
once again you derailed the point. her md would not change it so i would rather her pay 0 and yes at my store vs elsewhere. like i said what do you contribute to the profession?

I started an organization called "pharmacists against thieves". We meet every Tuesday. I don't think you would meet our criteria.

it shoul
LOL

Tell my why Locoid lotion 59 ml should cost nearly $500.
it should not and would not if pbm's did their jobs correctly a lot of drugs would cost less or be exclusions no prior auths allowed. now dont get me wrong a company who spends money on r and d and brings innovative meds to the public deserves to make a nice profit. but all the me 2 drugs hell no.
I started an organization called "pharmacists against thieves". We meet every Tuesday. I don't think you would meet our criteria.

damn right id steal your girl real quick

right 0 copay why not. prob is that this "partnership" is no different than cvs and caremarks. its shady . if a doctor steers patients to a pharmacy for economic gain he is braking the law. well if 1+1=2 ? right follow me. then cvs and caremark are breaking the law
and walgreens and valeant are breaking the law. and etc........... every person on this site should fight with pillpack go to they're site and and email an express scripts representative. if they lose we all lose. i sent email to each a** hole listed and will be contacting my local legislators . its like voting ladies every vote counts

Jublia comes to mind, $0 copay not bad. Oh and its not Walgreens only, some independents participate also.

Zovirax also comes to mind, I could be wrong but it was over $100 for a customer even with a generic. The coupon brings it down to $35, can't hate on that.

Just want to add that I dont support prescribing based on coupons just if that is what a doctor decides to give the customer, to use them. Over half the time the customer doesn't even know about the coupon. I always give cheaper recommendations.

Last edited:
Pillpak is trying to cheat the system. Express scripts has its own mail order and would save big time money instead of reimbursement to a local pharmacy. I have seen data that shows based on cost that a mail order rx cost 1/4th of a rx filled at an outpatient, based on more productivity and machines.

Pillpak is trying to cheat the system. Express scripts has its own mail order and would save big time money instead of reimbursement to a local pharmacy. I have seen data that shows based on cost that a mail order rx cost 1/4th of a rx filled at an outpatient, based on more productivity and machines.
anyone who defends mailorder is a traitor . do me a favor walk towards cliff and dont stop

anyone who defends mailorder is a traitor . do me a favor walk towards cliff and dont stop

I didn't realize people hated mail order. With Amazon and mail services expanding, do not be surprised if you end up in mail order in the future.

I didn't realize people hated mail order. With Amazon and mail services expanding, do not be surprised if you end up in mail order in the future.[/QUOTE
lol you dont think most patients hate mailorder ?

I work for mail order and love it there. I also love to use mail order. I see a doctor he puts the order in my profile. I open the app on my phone click and its on my front door in 2 days. Its a waste of time to walk to the pharmacy , wait in line to check in, wait 15-20 minutes for medications, wait in line again to pick up medications, wait again to be rung up and then wait for a consult. Its much easier to have it delivered. I am just curious. Do you ever use amazon? Don't you find it easier to have stuff delivered?

I work for mail order and love it there. I also love to use mail order. I see a doctor he puts the order in my profile. I open the app on my phone click and its on my front door in 2 days. Its a waste of time to walk to the pharmacy , wait in line to check in, wait 15-20 minutes for medications, wait in line again to pick up medications, wait again to be rung up and then wait for a consult. Its much easier to have it delivered. I am just curious. Do you ever use amazon? Don't you find it easier to have stuff delivered?
im really happy for you. and you obviously are ignorant to my whole point. the option to chose and fairness is what is missing. if a patient wants mail so be it. but i guarantee you a huge % would rather go to the local pharmacy. the system saves nothing. its all a mirage. the patient may have a smaller copay and the payor may have incentives but these are in place to pump more profit in to the pbm . if you dont know / see that we have nothing to discuss.

I've never heard someone say they love mail order. They usually say, I tried it but nothing comes on time or they send something I don't need.

I've never heard someone say they love mail order. They usually say, I tried it but nothing comes on time or they send something I don't need.

Selection bias, the patients who come into walgreens mostly aren't going to be the patients that love mail order are they?

Selection bias, the patients who come into walgreens mostly aren't going to be the patients that love mail order are they?
That also aren't pharmacists. We understand the system.

I agree with you although I am not sure what that has to do with what I was saying.
I was supporting your assertion that the sample was poor.

I wouldn't completely agree. I have spouses where one does mail order and the other doesn't, customers where they get their acute meds with us, and customers that still shop at the store that I chat with.

The ones that come back though, yes selection bias.

I guess everyone has their opinions. I prefer mail order because I would pay 10 dollars for 1 month supply at a local pharmacy and 20 dollars from mail order for 3 month supply. I have been on flonase(generic) for 8 years. Makes no sense for me to order a refill and go to the pharmacy when I can get it mailed which saves time and also save money. Then again, there are those people who love to go into a pharmacy. Everyone has an opinion. I just like to save time , so I can go to this forum and post.