FL3 Representative?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

charactercomic2

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm back again! My FL's so far go as follows: 514 (129/126/130/129, 515 (129/128/129/129), and today was a 520 (130/128/131/131)! I saw a HUGE jump from FL2 to FL3, with only getting 7 more overall questions right on FL3 compared to FL2. I know now that FL4 is the most representative since it is the most recently released scored exam, but is this much of a jump indicative of an accurate representation of test day? I have finished all of the Q packs (and thoroughly reviewed them), and am about halfway through the Section Bank questions. Nothing has changed in study habits; do people usually see a big jump upon starting the Section Bank questions?

Members don't see this ad.

You're doing great, but don't get too excited! The is no such thing as typical, especially with score variations at that level.

As you noted, it was only 7 more correct. Your scaled score jumped because you did disproportionately well, on the normalized scale, as compared to FL1 and 2, because the test happened to hit a few more topics that you knew well.

You can have more confidence that all of your prep pushed you from the mid-teens to the low-twenties if you match or exceed 520 on FL4. If you drop back, don't be depressed, because I just gave you a plausible reason for a one-off pop. In any event, you are on track to do great on the real thing! Congratulations!!!

Reactions: 1 user
is this much of a jump indicative of an accurate representation of test day?
It really depends on the dynamics at play with the test that you take on test day. A test that is perceived to be challenging will have a lower raw score so an increase of 7 questions could have a huge impact on your score. Likewise the test could be perceived to be easier so the same raw score might yield a relatively lower percentile score, if that makes sense. You’re definitely in a good position to be in - keep reviewing things thoroughly and filling in any gaps that you come across.

Reactions: 1 user