Flashcards!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sportygirl

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you who made flashcards to study, what did type of information did you put on them?

Members don't see this ad.

For those of you who made flashcards to study, what did type of information did you put on them?

I didnt put any one word questions/answers.

My notecards basically says, for example: describe the pathway of kreb cycle? or when you eat a hamburger, what happens ussually?

I have about 1000 flashcards (literally)... I separated them by chapter of the Kaplan book, and wrote concepts or review questions on one side and the answer on the other. This is only for bio, I haven't decided if I'm going to use flashcards for Chem yet. I find them really helpful though, and I separated by chapter so I can take a few "chapters" of questions on the subway with me each day... easier than carrying around a huge book!

I wrote about 800 flashcards from Destroyer, Achiever, Cliffs AP Bio, and various other readings...

Flashcards are the only way to go for bio. It got me a 23 in bio...so I'd say it worked out ok!

Members don't see this ad :)
hey...I'm using flashcards for Orgo and Gen Chem so far. I pretty much wrote out all the reactions and concepts and most of the formulas. Easier to memorize and they are always with you.

get the destroyer and focus the flashcards on that info, with support from other sources. DAT destroyer is the best focusing material by far from anyting else.

Great question! I haven't taken the DAT yet, but I currently have about 600 notecards after going through chemistry and organic chemistry. That total should bump up to around 900-1000 once I'm done with biology.

The content of my notecards is based on the DAT Destroyer. I do not copy the Destroyer's problems, but instead write down concepts being present. However, I would say a 1/4 of my cards are background information.