Flashcards

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NeverStopSmilin

Proverbs31
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I keep going back and forth between whether I should make my own flashcards or not. I bought the app "Flashcards Deluxe" on my iPad which is pretty good. One day, I'll spend so much time making flashcards (mainly for biology) and then the next day I feel like I wasted so much time because I never really end up going back through the flashcards.
Maybe I'm just overwhelmed by all the material, I don't know. I just feel like I'm not utilizing my time right... I keep going back and forth between how I should study/review everything and then I end up just wasting time.

Is anyone else having this problem? Haha I take my DAT in about a month & I've been reading through a lot of posts on here recently... There's just so much great advice as to how to study but I guess I'm just struggling with finding what really works for me and sticking with it. It's so frustrating!

Any words of wisdom/ encouragement?

Thank y'all :)

Sent from my iPad using SDN Mobile app

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Use flashcard exchange! It costs like 20 bucks or so. Works very well. Basically any flashcards there. You can also make your own flashcards and use thousands of other flashcards that other people made. There are even some specifically for the DAT.

flashcardexchange.com

I never used anki. For sciences, I studied Kaplan blue book, flashcard exchange, Barron's DAT, and I used chemguy.com for chemistry. Chemguy is this really enthusiastic chemistry prof from Canada. He was very good at explaining everything for gchem and was kinda funny. I would def recommend, it is like a $10 donation to his site, and you get access to over 200 gchem lecture videos. If it makes you feel any better, I had already graduated from my undergrad for a year and started to forget a lot of my sciences. I managed to score a 23 on bio, 23 on gchem, and a 27 on Ochem with these sources and 2 months of studying. Sorry for blabbing, just wanted to share what I used.

Another good thing about flashcard exchange is that you can find flashcards for DAT bio, DaT chem, DaT Ochem and so on, you can also find flashcards specific to certain biology areas, e.g., evolution, plant anatomy, cellular respiration, etc. same with gchem and Ochem.

Hope this helps

Members don't see this ad :)
I am not studying for the DAT yet, but I constantly face this dilemma in classes. I make flashcards for hours and hours until its too late or I'm too tired to study them, and I feel like I could have used those hours to just read over the notes. I have heard good things about Bangity's Anki Flashcards (should be easy to find with the search), maybe it will be less stressful if you use his flashcards and then add anything else you feel you should know to them (and give him a big thanks :thumbup:)