Flinders 2017 Interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mksings

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

I haven't seen too much about people applying for Flinders University's MD program for 2017. I got an email regarding shortlisting for an interview.

Is anyone else in the same boat?
Does anyone have insight into their interview process? I've seen some older threads regarding their interview, but was wondering if it was still relevant information.

Cheers!

Members don't see this ad.

I am also shortlisted for interview but I have no idea about the interview. I assume it should be MMI too?

Hi, does anyone know what the format of the interviews at Flinder's will be like? is it MMI or panel style? thanks.. ..what resources are suggested to prepare for it?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey meatballhahaha and mgg10,

When are you interviews scheduled for? And where are you from, if you don't mind me asking?

All postings I've seen have lead me to believe it's a panel style interview. Not sure if that's applicable for international students as well, or if it's a single interviewer.

Hey everyone, I am currently a student at Flinders and just want to let you know that you need to think really carefully about coming to Flinders. I highly recommend you look up other posts posted previously in SDN about flinders. If you were my brother or sister, I would 100% tell you not to come here as an international student for the following reasons:

1. Flinders does not care AT ALL about international students although they do seem to care about getting money from internationals.
2. Internship is NOT merit based in South Australia; it's likely that internationals will not get an internship in the future. SA is thinking of changing internship allocation system to what they say is a merit-based system, but this is ONLY applicable to domestic students. In other words, internationals are still at the bottom of the pile. This is so messed up...
3. Flinders is undergoing a major change in curriculum, but this is not really looking good for internationals.

and there are many other reasons; it will take a day to type all these.

Anyways, I'm more than happy to answer any questions regarding Flinders so let me know if you have any.

Hi abanana, I am somewhat taken aback by what you've said regarding the school at Flinders. Is it possible to elaborate a bit more as to why the school is so poor in your opinion? What about the general medical curriculum and learning opportunities? Taking aside the internship issue which is country-wide at present.

I went for the interview and got an offer and it sure seemed like quite a cohesive and friendly medical community although it may just be one half of the story. Thanks for taking the time.