FMG help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Virgo32

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
212, 227, CS passed, YOG 2014 will be applying for FM this year. My question is I have 2 FM and 1 IM letter so is it wise to add IM LOR or LOR from a research professor? Do I have a chance in IM as well or FM is a good choice with these scores and YOG?

Members don't see this ad.

You definitely have a chance. Not great but not 0. The lor from research would be a nice change if it’s really good

Reactions: 1 user
Reviewing your post history, you applied this year but only had one interview, didn't match nor SOAP. However, your CS exam score wasn't available until late December, so this year you'll be "complete" right at the beginning of the season. I'd probably apply to both FM and IM if you're interested and can afford the application costs. If not, then focusing on FM is reasonable.

Reactions: 1 user
Reviewing your post history, you applied this year but only had one interview, didn't match nor SOAP. However, your CS exam score wasn't available until late December, so this year you'll be "complete" right at the beginning of the season. I'd probably apply to both FM and IM if you're interested and can afford the application costs. If not, then focusing on FM is reasonable.
Thank you so much for your help :) Yes I had one IV and that didn't go so well. I'll work on my IV skills this time. But as far as LOR is a concern, my FM and IM LOR is from IMG who did a residency in the USA, so will that affect my application?

Thank you so much for your help :) Yes I had one IV and that didn't go so well. I'll work on my IV skills this time. But as far as LOR is a concern, my FM and IM LOR is from IMG who did a residency in the USA, so will that affect my application?

If they trained/worked in the US, that's fine. In general, letters from people who work in training programs are more valuable than private docs. Your bigger problem for an IM application is only one IM letter.

If they trained/worked in the US, that's fine. In general, letters from people who work in training programs are more valuable than private docs. Your bigger problem for an IM application is only one IM letter.
Thank you :) yes I know but I can apply only in 1 specialty, I have to spend my money wisely. FM is very competitive nowadays.