For all those ?Do I have a chance? people?..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thewzdoc

Ah Newton...how quaint.
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I?ve been reading through my MSAR and I found Chapter 5 interesting?.

There are applicants that were accepted to medical schools with the following stats:

VR 1
PS 3
BS 3
WS J

Note: Lowest total MCAT score 17

Science GPA 2.75
Non-Science GPA 2.75
Total GPA 2.75

Members don't see this ad.

Could you post the number of applicants and additional applicants. My guess is that there is additional information that we don't have access to. There had to be some really big extenuating circumstances to off set numbers like that.

Some 7/8 year med programs just require you to take the MCAT withuot even caring much for the score. So im sure a lot of those super low scores are from people in those programs who just had to take it as a requirement.

Members don't see this ad :)
VR 1 <75
PS 3 <50
BS 3 ~60
WS J ~200

Note: Lowest total MCAT score 17 ~60

Science GPA 2.75 ~150
Non-Science GPA 2.75 ~125
Total GPA 2.75 ~185

blz said:
Some 7/8 year med programs just require you to take the MCAT withuot even caring much for the score. So im sure a lot of those super low scores are from people in those programs who just had to take it as a requirement.

What is this?

Never mind....I looked it up in the MSAR.....too bad I didn't know about this when I was in High School......dam#

7/8 year programs = BA/MD programs

You apply and get in when you're in High School. I don't think most BA/MD programs don't care at all what you get on the MCAT...although I'm sure some of these numbers are from that.

Also some may be from under-represented minorities who get in or on the flip side, people who have connections in the admissions committee...

I thought the lowest possible score on any one section of the MCAT was a 2. Someone said if you just put your name and info you automatically get at least a 2. I guess this could be wrong, but... a 1?

Spartacus said:
I thought the lowest possible score on any one section of the MCAT was a 2. Someone said if you just put your name and info you automatically get at least a 2. I guess this could be wrong, but... a 1?

Yup 1.... the scale is 1-15 for each section except the writing sample which is J-T