For all you University of Pennsylvania Dental STUDENTS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

starbright

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, i had a question about D1 (your first here for dental school). Ok, i'm not sure if you guys can remember, but according to cirriculum, what 3 days weekends did u have off? and out of those, what 3 day weekends didn't you come back with MILLIONS of tests? Also, how long is summer break (and from what months does it expand??) My sister needs to plan out her wedding according to my schedule..cuz u know indian weddings are like a week long...and a lot of planning..so ideally it'd be over summer, but i swear i remember someone telling me we only have two weeks off!! so if anyone can give me this info it's REALLY help..b/c i called the school for the past couple of days and no one's picking up! thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

starbright said:
Hi, i had a question about D1 (your first here for dental school). Ok, i'm not sure if you guys can remember, but according to cirriculum, what 3 days weekends did u have off? and out of those, what 3 day weekends didn't you come back with MILLIONS of tests? Also, how long is summer break (and from what months does it expand??) My sister needs to plan out her wedding according to my schedule..cuz u know indian weddings are like a week long...and a lot of planning..so ideally it'd be over summer, but i swear i remember someone telling me we only have two weeks off!! so if anyone can give me this info it's REALLY help..b/c i called the school for the past couple of days and no one's picking up! thanks!!

Labor Day weekend is always a three day weekend at PennDental and you shouldn't have any exams when you come back so that would be an easy weekend get-away for you. You'll have a four-day weekend for Thanksgiving, but you'll have an exam as soon as you get back and the same with winter break. We also get Martin Luther King Jr. Day off, but once again you'll use that time for studying. Perhaps the best time for taking a rest without an exam looming over your head would be spring break - at that time you'll have wrapped up your didactic courses and grd will just be starting and nothing will be due in it yet. It's the eye of the storm: soon the stress and crazy schedule will return but it is the best time to take off. This year spring break was between March 6th and 10th. Your schedule might vary slightly (e.g. the schedule between the classes of 2009 and 2008 were not identical) and you'll get a finalized schedule at orientation. I hope this helps! And congratulations to your sister and future brother-in-law!

Thank you!! what about summer break?

Members don't see this ad :)
July 4
Holiday
All Classes
July 3-28
Projected Summer Clinic I
Classes of 2007, 2008
July 17
National Board Part I
Class of 2008
July 31-August 25
Projected Summer Clinic II
Classes of 2007, 2008

so do i have do these projected summer clinics??

starbright said:
July 4
Holiday
All Classes
July 3-28
Projected Summer Clinic I
Classes of 2007, 2008
July 17
National Board Part I
Class of 2008
July 31-August 25
Projected Summer Clinic II
Classes of 2007, 2008

so do i have do these projected summer clinics??

it says classes of 2007 and 2008. so you wont have those clinics after your first year.