For Fun: What's Your Locker Look Like? =)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hopefulinva

VMRCVM DVM/MPH c/o 2016
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
It's been a LONG time since I've seen personal lockers, but they seem to be standard equipment in vet schools. ;) I liked looking at the stickers/magnets/pics on the lockers out in UIUC (whomever had the zombie support sticker - I think we might be soulmates!).

How about y'all? Do you do the highschool thing with the personal touches, are you more of an organized locker person, or do you prefer not to use it at all? =)

Members don't see this ad.

It's been a LONG time since I've seen personal lockers, but they seem to be standard equipment in vet schools. ;) I liked looking at the stickers/magnets/pics on the lockers out in UIUC (whomever had the zombie support sticker - I think we might be soulmates!).

How about y'all? Do you do the highschool thing with the personal touches, are you more of an organized locker person, or do you prefer not to use it at all? =)

Pair of shoes (closed toe for the days I have lab and forget and wear sandals)
Extra pens/pencils
And sometimes a random notebook or textbook that made its way to school and never made its way home.
That's about it really. All I really ever carry back and forth to school is my laptop so dont need much in the locker

Yeah mine is pretty bare... It has coveralls and boots that I used for one of our labs, my lab coat and scrubs, a pair of shoes, and anatomy books that I don't want to bring home because they are gross. It's disorganized, but it works. I have talked about spicing it up some but I never did.

Members don't see this ad :)
Mine has a binder from last semester that I don't use anymore and random old tests and papers that I was too lazy to throw away or didn't make it into my backpack. That's pretty much it. One girl in my class uses 2 lockers. One of them is full of yummy goodies that she snacks on between classes and at lunch. I am jealous of her locker

Mine has a binder from last semester that I don't use anymore and random old tests and papers that I was too lazy to throw away or didn't make it into my backpack. That's pretty much it. One girl in my class uses 2 lockers. One of them is full of yummy goodies that she snacks on between classes and at lunch. I am jealous of her locker

That sounds like an amazing locker, hahaha.

I have all sorts of stuff in my locker. Kleenex, lotion, tea, sugar, mug, plate, bowl, a frisbee, trail mix, a sock puppet alligator...maroon coat, shoes and nicer pants for the VMTH. Not right now, but usually coveralls and boots. Lab coat, gloves and dissection kit are still on the top shelf. Of course, there's animal pictures on the outside of it.

Not sure how it is at other schools, but at Ross we only get those small 1/2 lockers (mine's an upper locker, which I love because I'm tall!). So not much room for personalizing!

Mine's got my white coat, boxes of latex gloves, random extra pencils at the bottom, my stethoscope and box, and whatever books that I need take home that night that I don't feel like carting around all day.

My top shelf has a box of granola bars since I'm ALWAYS hungry, body spray (especially after anatomy lab), deodorant and a travel toothbrush if I'm at school late and feel better if I freshen up, a magnetic pen/pencil/thermometer/pins that keeps everything tidy, stethescope, smocks, coveralls, a milk crate to keep my binders in so I don't have to drag them home, some extra hooks to hold my coats, 2 pairs of boots, an extra pair of scrubs, hand sanitizer packets, gloves, and pictures on the outside so I can find my locker. A lot of stuff, but I've used everything before!

My locker is pretty nondescript and has all of the standard vet student stuff in it, but I do have a sticker on it to remind me not to take life too seriously:

7fYD5.png

I think there should be actual pictures involved with this thread, not just descriptions. :D