for those of u who took DAT question about format

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

csulapredental

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
guys for those of u who took it
for the chem stuff are things given to you typically in words.. like or example would it say benzyl 2 methylbbutanoate reacts with blabla to give bla or does it have it drawn? also for gen chem are the formulas written out or in words. i know they say there is a combo of both but how much like whats the ratio?? is there alott to were i have to REALLLLLY be good at nomenclature ?

Members don't see this ad.

ADA 2009 should be quite representative of the mix. If there are too many structures drawn for the answer choices, they will be lumped into one group right below the question stem just so that you will not have to scroll down the screen too much.

Took mine yesterday. You won't see any complicated, tricky nomenclature. It goes only complex as, say, 2-methyl-2-butanol. I still suggest you to go over Chad's OC video on it. He sums everything you need to know in 15 min long video. My exam was 30% conceptual, 40% reactions. About two questions had multisteps. Destroyer, chads, bootcamp, and dat Genius is pretty representative in terms of question style. Bootcamp / genius is in accordance with the real deal, difficulty wise. Good luck!!! Coast through your self-doubt and study hard!!!!! I am nowhere close to being a smart kid but I studied, studied, and studied and yielded a decent result. Even I could do it, so can you.

Sent from my SM-N910V using SDN mobile

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
There is no escape! They shouldn't be too bad though, look at ADA 2009 exam for a few examples. I would definitely study IUPAC naming!

Kinda off topic but I heard of a pharmacist berating a pharmacy tech for calling iron II sulfate (FeSO4) "fesoy".......:wow:

Reactions: 1 user