foreign dentist being dental hygiene in florida anyone??????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

santana1979

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi guys as any one of you of foreign dentist want to become a dental hygiene in florida, i would like to know if its worth it, and what are the material to study from, we can work as a hygienist in florida just passing the hygiene exam, please reply if anyone has done this

Members don't see this ad.

please let us share about practicing hygien in florida ,and if anyone did this before.please, share with us how you did it and the process u went through.was it hard ?difficult or cost a lot? any info could help...
thank you

i am ineterested too in doing dental hygiene in florida if anyone could help.
thank you

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello everyone,

I am currently trying to figure out if I want to go to school for dental hygiene or just go to school to become a dentist.

I just finished my schooling for dental assisting to see if I enjoy it and I want to further my career in the field but I am not sure what avenue I want to take.

What are your thoughts about the two.

Hello everyone,

I am currently trying to figure out if I want to go to school for dental hygiene or just go to school to become a dentist.

I just finished my schooling for dental assisting to see if I enjoy it and I want to further my career in the field but I am not sure what avenue I want to take.

What are your thoughts about the two.
Dreams of becoming a dentist start a long time before the high school graduation, because with GPA below 3.5 there is no point to even dream about it. I assume you do not have an international dentist degree

Dreams of becoming a dentist start a long time before the high school graduation, because with GPA below 3.5 there is no point to even dream about it. I assume you do not have an international dentist degree

I actually have very good grades and much higher than a 3.5 gpa. I knew I wanted to go into the health field but I didn't know where just let. I do not have an international dentist degree. I am new to this site and accidentally posted to the wrong area. I am sorry about that.

Do not be sorry. Your post is just a little confusing. Being a dental assistant will give you an opportunity to get familiar with both professions. Dental hygiene is very monotonous and boring, in my opinion. At the same time it is easier to become one and you will have less responsibility. The tuition is less, salary is less and you do not have to have your own office.
Dentist - a lot more difficult to become, a lot more expensive. You get independence and headache having your own office with employees and responsibilities. Better pay, more variety of procedures, more respect and pride.
A lot depend on your personality and future plans