Formula Sheets

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

prairiemusic

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do many people make one? Like memorize it and then dump it on the scratch paper once you sit down? Or is it more useful to just learn the relationships between variables?

Members don't see this ad.

Usually learning the equations teach you the relationships between variables. If you can memorize all of the equations you need and be able to write it down on a paper in 10 minutes then it definitely would be nice to just have to look at a memorized "cheat sheet" instead of have to dig around your brain for it. Basically do whatever you feel is best for you, but it definitely doesn't hurt, and can only help incase you start to become fatigued during the exam you can just look at your sheet.

Reactions: 1 users
Great response Optimist. A useful cheat sheet is not necessarily a formula sheet. It is exactly what you need to go faster on some questions and to reference when fatigue sets in. Most of our classroom students modify their "cheat sheet" with each practice exam they take, crossing off things they never used (because they know it well) and adding things they wish they recalled faster and clearer. By the time they're ready for the MCAT, they know exactly what they will put on their scratch paper before starting the first section.

Reactions: 1 users
I was mostly thinking about physics but that makes a lot of sense! Thank you both for your insight.

Yeah i usually used mine for physics formulas & some chemistry relationships like periodic table trends etc. After rewrite it before practice tests multiple times you realize you memorized most of the stuff already but yeah its accessible much much faster rather than searching for it in your head.