fraternities and job advancement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

clarkbar

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm interested in joining a pharmacy fraternity for many reasons. One reason is job advancement. How much to brothers help other brothers in the job world, e.g. interviews etc? Is it worth it for this reason? Which fraternity is more helpful like this? Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

It is helpful, but I wouldn't join one soley for job advancement opportunities. Choose one that best fits your personality. Look at some of its goals and see if you mesh with the people involved. Which fraternity is helpful? They all are, but if I were to choose one for job advancement reasons it would be one that is most nationally recognized, have been around the longest, and is one of the larger chapters in my school.

It is helpful, but I wouldn't join one soley for job advancement opportunities. Choose one that best fits your personality. Look at some of its goals and see if you mesh with the people involved. Which fraternity is helpful? They all are, but if I were to choose one for job advancement reasons it would be one that is most nationally recognized, have been around the longest, and is one of the larger chapters in my school.

Agreed. Besides, connections are not a guarantee of a job; with the economy in the tank, a lot of employers just don't have openings.