Fraudulent pharmacies?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

VenusinFurs

I am tired, I am weary
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone else have a problem with random pharmacies and dme companies sending you orders to sign and claiming the patient is requesting these medications/ supplies/ etc? We’ve contacted patients and found they did no such thing. I have gotten good at recognizing these but I recently had an incident where my coverage on a day off signed one and my patient was delivered a medication that is inappropriate and that she didn’t want. I attempted to contact the patients insurance company and they did not take this seriously at all and just told me to call the pharmacy to get them to stop sending any refills. There has to be a way to stop these companies, this is just straight up insurance fraud!

Members don't see this ad.

Yep. If I didn't order it, I don't sign it. It's usually fraudulent.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
My favorite in residency was the vacuum assisted erection device. That one always drew a good giggle out of the staff.

Reactions: 1 users
My favorite in residency was the vacuum assisted erection device. That one always drew a good giggle out of the staff.
BeneficialIndolentJenny-size_restricted.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Does anyone else have a problem with random pharmacies and dme companies sending you orders to sign and claiming the patient is requesting these medications/ supplies/ etc? We’ve contacted patients and found they did no such thing. I have gotten good at recognizing these but I recently had an incident where my coverage on a day off signed one and my patient was delivered a medication that is inappropriate and that she didn’t want. I attempted to contact the patients insurance company and they did not take this seriously at all and just told me to call the pharmacy to get them to stop sending any refills. There has to be a way to stop these companies, this is just straight up insurance fraud!
Better call Chris Hanson and set up a sting operation

Yes I accidentally ordered a leg compression device on a patient. I thought he’d requested I because his legs were awful. He thanked me the next time I saw him and asked me how I’d known it would help him. It ended up helping him out quite a bit.