Freaking out about interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1069873

So during one of my interviews over zoom my iMessage accidentally went off from my computer. I don’t know how to turn off my iMessage sound on my Mac book. It wasn’t my phone because it was off, but I am a little bit worried that that may have come off as rude. How do you think that will reflect on my interview? I’ve sent a letter of intent to the school already. It’s my top choice. I’m hoping they don’t think badly of me for this.

Members don't see this ad.

You gotta relax big time, jeez. A message notification won’t make a difference. During my interview, the faculties phone went off and they had to silence. We are people it happens. Gotta chill out big time

Reactions: 5 users
In one of my interviews one of the faculty's dog ran up to her and we both laughed about it. Online interviews are tough, and things happen. Take a deep breath and trust the process;)

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hahah okay thanks guys 😅 yeah I think that pre December anxiety is hitting.

So during one of my interviews over zoom my iMessage accidentally went off from my computer. I don’t know how to turn off my iMessage sound on my Mac book. It wasn’t my phone because it was off, but I am a little bit worried that that may have come off as rude. How do you think that will reflect on my interview? I’ve sent a letter of intent to the school already. It’s my top choice. I’m hoping they don’t think badly of me for this.
Not a big deal. However, letters of intents are usually sent if you are waitlisted by the school, not before you've gotten a decision back... Desperation is not a good look.

Reactions: 1 user
Not a big deal. However, letters of intents are usually sent if you are waitlisted by the school, not before you've gotten a decision back... Desperation is not a good look.
Oh I mean this school said to send one after our interview if we wanted! Is that bad? I just assumed since they mentioned it.

yea imessage going off is a dealbreaker :rofl:

Reactions: 1 users
yea imessage going off is a dealbreaker :rofl:
Seems like u feel very differently than the other replies? Why so?
It wasn’t from my phone. It was my first time using zoom. I didn’t know how to turn it off. I am new to the online interviewing platform. I’m hoping they will cut some slack bc it’s not the same as an in person interview? :(

Seems like u feel very differently than the other replies? Why so?
It wasn’t from my phone. It was my first time using zoom. I didn’t know how to turn it off. I am new to the online interviewing platform. I’m hoping they will cut some slack bc it’s not the same as an in person interview? :(
He is joking, don't worry about it.

Reactions: 1 users
worrying about it wont change anything. stop thinking about it.