Free CME: Osteoarthritis and Pain: Intensive Training in Pain Management

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lobelsteve

Staff member
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here is my 2nd installment of CME sponsored by Gather-Ed. A Sermo company.

Below is the copy/paste invite.

I hope all is well with you. I am getting a few colleagues together to participate in a free digital group learning experience on a new social learning platform called Gather-ed addressing Osteoarthritis and Pain: Intensive Training in Pain Management. It would be great to have you as part of the group. Physicians will be able to earn a maximum of 3.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™, Nursing Professions will earn 3.25 contact hours. I think you'll find it enjoyable and the time commitment is extremely modest and flexible. You can learn more and sign up at

Best,
Steven Lobel MD

This is shorter than the CME that ran through the Painrounds private forum and hoping to open it up to more folks.
Only 2 modules and less than 1 hour total online commitment. Once we get 20 or more signed up, I will work the schedule.

SML

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
We are at 8. I want that doubled for the new year. Please sign up or free CME. It is super easy and I have already learned a lot and we may have MABs in the near future to help. C'mon folks, get in there and get it done.

Steve

Self study with 3 modules that take 10 min each to do. Then we do an online Zoom for 30 min. Each person will also assist in answering two simple online questions from the readings.

like i'm back in grade school

btw, how come i didn't see your name on it. just mccarberg?

Hello Everyone- Thank you for joining the session. I look forward to working together in this social learning experience. For successful completion of the course, we have three focus areas: 1) TWO Self-study modules (plus pre/post assessment), which each take about 15-20 minutes 2) TWO 30 minute Live Group Discussions (zoom). I will schedule these based on your availability (look for a poll from me soon!) 3) TWO collaborative Group task The goal is to offer self study material that you complete on your own, but also to provide an opportunity to interact and learn from one another and make this fun and interesting! **Also, the more YOU interact on this forum, the more points we get (we are competing with groups across the country!)!! So please comment on here, ask questions, share interesting articles you may find....anything that will assist in the discussion!

Time for 2nd zoom meeting. Next week at latest. Will have a poll posted. 20 min tops. Finish strong.

And another cme event will take off end of March.

wrapping it up starting in 30 minutes on Zoom call.
Then all you folks gotta do is answer the questions online.
Here is from our group mod:
"Yes, please! They need to make an appointment 3 days out and confirm the appointment. Then, answer the questions :)"

To complete the sim patient Mr. Alberts

Please no more sim patients. My staff is wondering why I'm berating some rando line for having a drinking problem lol

Reactions: 1 user
Liked the course and learned some things, though wasn't able to participate as much as I would have liked. Agree that the Sim patient was a turn off.

Reactions: 1 user
Feedback appreciated and relayed to the mgmt team. There was way too much work for 3.5hr CME. This should hav e been a 5-6 hr CME course. I like it that it is free and allows free sharing of ideas amongst peers. Sim was not good idea for this.