Free knot tying boards/kits

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

air bud

I am a dog and play basketball
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
Wow, I can't believe they still make those boards. I had one a long time ago and it appears they haven't changed.

As I stated once in a prior post, we used to take 1/4 inch felt with adhesive backing, make an "incision" in the felt and then slap it on our thighs (on a THICK pair of jeans!). We would then "suture" the wound.

It was primative, but a good way to practice, since you also had to be careful not to go too deep or your "patient" wouldn't be too happy!

Members don't see this ad :)
PADPM, you brought back some memories with your post!

I'm very glad to see this very useful resource still available to students. Ethicon also used to give students a very good suturing book as well. I wonder if that's still available?

Last edited:
Wow PADPM, you brought back some memories with your post!

I'm very glad to see this very useful resource still available to students. Ethicon also used to give students a very good suturing book as well. I wonder if that's still available?

I don't know if a book comes with this particular give-a-way. But I got a board as swag at a conference earlier this year and there was a book, actually more of a booklet, full of suture types, instructions, and pictures. I wouldn't be surprised it it was included.

Oh, this book was awesome. It was text book size on glossy paper, and fully illustrated in color. Soft cover and about 200 pages. Wish I would have kept it to pass on. I love me some nice text books :D!

Oh, this book was awesome. It was text book size on glossy paper, and fully illustrated in color. Soft cover and about 200 pages. Wish I would have kept it to pass on. I love me some nice text books :D![/QUOTE

I STILL have that book. I don't think I've looked at in a a "few" years, but it's still in my "archives". Right next to my Dr. Seuss, "The Foot Book":laugh:

Thanks so much for this info. Does anyone know if there is a way to obtain outdated suture to practice with? The supply stores only have larger quantities for sale and it's very expensive.

just got mine today. sweet.

I received mine yesterday morning. I got a "currently out of stock" message as well. I was surprised to receive it at my doorstep so soon. The packaging was exemplary for a free kit (No SnH fees!!!:)).

Came home late last night and nothing. Maybe Iowa gets the mail faster than Cali. Oh well, I don't even have time right now to practice.

Not sure if anyone else at Western/CSPM got theirs yet?

Still nothing for me...

After Monday I will actually have some time to play around with it because.....no more classes for the rest of pod school!

Just got 'er today, and spent some time throwing some knots.

I was mostly doing the instrument tie. Are there any opportunities that a pod would need to know the other ties that the booklet discusses?

Just got my kit today....time to start practicing again :D