FREE Study resources?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JDoctor

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've looked upon a few threads but wanted to see if someone had anything new?

Anyone know of any free studying tools, resources, or programs related to medicine or MCAT that I can do for fun?

Thanks.
- J

Members don't see this ad.

Your classes.

I don't see any point in studying for the MCAT until you've actually entered college.

Check out the content review section of the MCAT 2015 FAQ in my signature--there's a topic for free resources.

Members don't see this ad :)
You can also find PDF versions of many review books online, if you don't mind minor formatting differences.

You would be wasting materials completing them without a strong foundation in math/science (e.g., College level Bio, Chem, etc). That being said, it's never to early to start preparing for verbal reasoning (or whatever they call the equivalent on the 2015 MCAT).

I would recommend you start reading op-ed articles and other forms of dense prose on a (somewhat) daily basis. Washington Post, NYTime, Economist, whatever. Read for pleasure. But also be sure to pick out articles that you find boring. Train yourself to remain attentive...many people tend to read the intro, go autopilot through the body, and finish on the conclusion without gaining insight on what the article is really about (Think: topic, scope, purpose, author opinion, etc).

The more familiar you become with dense prose, or reading things that are uninteresting to you, the better you may become at interpreting and digesting MCAT passages. Also...you will gain some insight on geopolitical affairs, politics, and everything in between...I'm all for individuals becoming well educated citizens of the world.

Enjoy freshman year...it's a doozy.

Reactions: 1 user