Free TPR practice test-thoughts...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JMMTB

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just took the TPR free MCAT FL and don't know quite what to think. PS seemed a lot easier and verbal, surprisingly easier too (except 1 passage). BS was a little harder than usual but not bad.
I often hear people say diagnostic tests or freebies from prep companies are really hard so students will take their course and then they can stick with the guarantee that they will score better.

For those that have taken the TPR free test, what were your thoughts? easier? harder? inline with your AAMC average?

And while at it same for the free GS test- personally thought that one was a bit harder than TPR.

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't taken the free TPR test, but their other tests so far I've scored about 5 lower than what I get an the AAMC I take soon after.

Members don't see this ad :)
That's good to hear because I got my best score on their free one.

How did ya do on the GS test? Im not sure how i feel about it...i really like the layout for reviewing but it seemed a little too easy to read the passage compared to the aamc fl. And i usually dont jive with anything except aamc verbal (luckly i guess).. I may take the free TPR today but idk if it is TPR 1 or a different one, if it is i believe ive already taken it.

I felt the PS on GS was definitely more calculation intensive. Verbal was kind of all over the place, but I've done a couple more GS tests (2 & 3) and found that to answer their Verbal questions you just need to find the answer word for word in the passage. Not super great, but still good if you are working on really memorizing a lot of the passage first go through. BS was pretty good. I've heard people complain about the difficulty of the discrete questions, but I felt they were easier than TBR.
My score was only 1-2 points below what I have gotten on AAMC tests, so not bad. Ultimately they are good to see areas of weakness (Ksp and electrochem for me) and then review them before tackling the AAMC tests.

As far as the TPR test I was slightly above my AAMC average, but overall pretty good. I felt the PS was super easy, as noted above.

Good luck and hopefully they will help you out!