Fresno State DPT vs Sac State DPT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Fresno State DPT vs Sac State DPT

• Total voters

BPT400

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been accepted into both Fresno State and Sac state for the DPT program. I was set on Sac State at first but after attending Fresno State's interview day, I am now leaning towards Fresno State. I'm planning on going to the school that will be cheaper. To my understanding, Fresno state has financial aid available for their California students. On their website it says, "Each semester 33.3% of the tuition is set aside for financial aid. The money is dispersed based on need from the FAFSA EFC (Expected Family Contribution)." I couldn't find much about financial aid on sac state's website.
Any sac state or Fresno state students out there that can give some input on how financial aid is awarded and dispersed. Or can any dpt students give more information about how financial aid/loans are awarded. I'm so confused about how financial aid works for graduate programs.
Also, I would love some opinions on which program you think is better (fresno state vs sac state).
And I am currently working as a personal trainer, I was hoping I would be able to work a few hours a week while being a full time DPT student. I think the extra income would be very nice. I'm hoping to work just a few hours on the weekends. Is that a bad idea? Has anyone been able to do this?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey! So I will actually be attending Fresno state DPT program this fall! I went to Fresno state for my masters, and while I was there I looked quite a bit into their dpt program as well as other schools like sac state. Sac state is a slight bit more expensive than Fresno state tuition wise, but Fresno is definitely a cheaper city to live in as far as rent and other expenses, which will also play a big role in the money you spend. I could be a bit biased on the school program wise bc I went there but I really do think FSU is such an awesome school and program! Also, when I was getting my masters I got quite a few graduate grants and scholarships as well, so in addition to the 33% I think you’ll be able to knock out a decent size chunk in the total amount you’ll be needing to borrow. Hopefully that’s helpful, and I’ll maybe be seeing you in the fall!

Reactions: 1 user