Frustrated regarding interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

canadianamerican

Reaction score
I am getting a bit frustrated with my application cycle. I have applied DO and MD. I have been relatively successful with my DO applications, receiving 3 IIs. I am okay with attending a DO school, but I would prefer an MD to give myself the opportunity to return to Canada as I am a dual citizen. At the end of the day, I would never snub my nose at DO. I just want to be a doctor. But would really like to have the option.

I applied to a little over 30 MD schools and received two Rs and two holds. My app doesn’t stand out stat wise. I have a 513 MCAT and a 3.6 GPA with a big upward trend. But my extracurriculars are above average IMO. Played a varsity sport, played it professionally as well, have experience working in public health for about a year.

I had my secondaries in immediately as my app was transmitted day one. Am I being too impatient and hard on myself or are my concerns valid?

Members don't see this ad.

no offense, but nothing about your MD app screams "select me ASAP rather than the 12k other applicants", be patient

Reactions: 1 user
I am getting a bit frustrated with my application cycle. I have applied DO and MD. I have been relatively successful with my DO applications, receiving 3 IIs. I am okay with attending a DO school, but I would prefer an MD to give myself the opportunity to return to Canada as I am a dual citizen. At the end of the day, I would never snub my nose at DO. I just want to be a doctor. But would really like to have the option.

I applied to a little over 30 MD schools and received two Rs and two holds. My app doesn’t stand out stat wise. I have a 513 MCAT and a 3.6 GPA with a big upward trend. But my extracurriculars are above average IMO. Played a varsity sport, played it professionally as well, have experience working in public health for about a year.

I had my secondaries in immediately as my app was transmitted day one. Am I being too impatient and hard on myself or are my concerns valid?
Patience is a virtue, the need for instant gratification is not.

Not singling you out, but SDNers are advised to avoid the mindset of "I sent in my applications, where are all my interviews???"

Members don't see this ad :)
Nothing about what you’ve shared even says “I want to be a doctor”. If that’s how your application looks it’s not surprising really.

It's only September. It's a long cycle. You got a while to go.

I wasn't even invited to the school I'm attending now (MD) til January.

Reactions: 1 users