Full-time working -> Full-time volunteering, update letter worthy?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

efgih

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey peeps,

I am in the midst of leaving my job at a medical facility to volunteer full-time (for many many reasons, but primarily because I am super passionate about volunteering). I am planning to volunteer at a bunch of different organizations, and am talking with the director of an Americorps program to hopefully secure a spot in a few weeks for half a year. My question is, would this be meaningful enough for me to include in an update letter? My whole application is centered around what I feel to be a moral obligation to help others, so I feel it to be relevant. But at the same time, never done one of these before so I'm not sure what is update letter worthy.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey peeps,

I am in the midst of leaving my job at a medical facility to volunteer full-time (for many many reasons, but primarily because I am super passionate about volunteering). I am planning to volunteer at a bunch of different organizations, and am talking with the director of an Americorps program to hopefully secure a spot in a few weeks for half a year. My question is, would this be meaningful enough for me to include in an update letter? My whole application is centered around what I feel to be a moral obligation to help others, so I feel it to be relevant. But at the same time, never done one of these before so I'm not sure what is update letter worthy.

Thanks!
Wait until you've done it for awhile and accumulated a decent number of hours, then it will be "update-worthy". Centering your update on plans that could fall through won't be worth the e-paper you print it on. Feeling you should help others is overwhelmingly trumped by Showing that you have helped others.

Reactions: 1 users
Wait until you've done it for awhile and accumulated a decent number of hours, then it will be "update-worthy". Centering your update on plans that could fall through won't be worth the e-paper you print it on. Feeling you should help others is overwhelmingly trumped by Showing that you have helped others.
Thank you for your reply. That makes total sense. Thank you so much!

Reactions: 1 user